Robotic Process Automation - RPA

I really need some expert advice on RPA using OutSystems, anyone have any experience?

Matt,

Are you looking to 

1) 'Simulate' an RPA process building something built in OutSystems?  

2) Screen scrape OutSystems screens or connecting to OutSystems database or consuming OutSystems API's. 

3) Building an OutSystems  app to coordinate/programme RPA instances?

Thanks

Paul   

Client wants to be able to use an RPA system to automate a number of simple inhouse applications as well as add RPA to some of the OutSystems apps we are building for them. They have got all excited about it but dont fully understand that automating manual processes is a great idea but you have to have a system to automate!

I know little about RPA...

Matt Thompsett wrote:

Client wants to be able to use an RPA system to automate a number of simple inhouse applications as well as add RPA to some of the OutSystems apps we are building for them. They have got all excited about it but dont fully understand that automating manual processes is a great idea but you have to have a system to automate!

I know little about RPA...

I know this answer will simplify the real business situation, but if you are paying for an OutSystems license then often there is an opportunity to build the automation in Outsystems by exposing an API or consuming the other systems API.  That saves you Robot license and VM license cost and is more robust.  If the process really needs the robot to move around various systems collecting data to load into outsystems the expose an API teh robot can use to avoid the Robot navigating screens.  If the OutSystems app was one of the many systems being navigated through by the robot then you'd expose an API for the robot to consume to avoid the navigation of pages.

Thanks

Paul  

Sounds like you know what we are exploring here, are you at Davies Turner?

It sounds like we have the same view in that building RPA capability in OS is probably more robust and cost effective than buying a seperate RPA like Thoughtonomy and having to configure it and build/buy the robots?

Matt