Service studio 10 very slow

Hey guys, 

Yesterday I was asked to update windows on my computer. It turned out that this was a pretty big update but after the install Service studio has become very sluggish. When I drag and drop things it takes a second or so for things to update, dragging around actions is very slow and everything seems to be running a lot worse.

Here are my windows specification:

Has anyone else experienced this ?

What could be the issue here? I can almost rule out hardware since this is a very powerful machine with 32gb of ram and i7 cpu. 

Hello Tomas, 

Check if you have programs running in the background that are consuming too many resources?

If you have an antivirus scanner on the computer, spyware protection program, or another security utility, make sure it is not scanning your computer in the background. If a scan is in progress, it will decrease the overall performance of your computer.

How large is the module? It is important to know how big your module is and what kind of dependencies you have.

Regards,

Mário Horta

Hello Tomas,

I will ask a (probably stupid) question, but I'll do it anyway. Did you restart the computer after the update was complete?

I know, this is stupid, but Windows is Windows... ;)

As you probably already did that and so, assuming the problem persists, I'll try to see with OutSystems if there is something that can be done to try to detect what is going on.

Cheers.

Well remembered Mario. Effectively, an update sometimes "change" settings and so new applications can be running in the background without the user knowing.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Tomas,

I will ask a (probably stupid) question, but I'll do it anyway. Did you restart the computer after the update was complete?

I know, this is stupid, but Windows is Windows... ;)

As you probably already did that and so, assuming the problem persists, I'll try to see with OutSystems if there is something that can be done to try to detect what is going on.

Cheers.

of course i've restarted :) the first thing I tried :)

Mário Horta wrote:

Hello Tomas, 

Check if you have programs running in the background that are consuming too many resources?

If you have an antivirus scanner on the computer, spyware protection program, or another security utility, make sure it is not scanning your computer in the background. If a scan is in progress, it will decrease the overall performance of your computer.

How large is the module? It is important to know how big your module is and what kind of dependencies you have.

Regards,

Mário Horta

There is nothing out of the ordinary here. The computer is running quite smooth:

Hi Tomas, how are you?

Just to add the information already described above:

- Check if your Service Studio version is the most up to date version.

- It may seem silly, but also make sure that the server on which outsystems Server is installed is not unstable. (Because I went through something similar recently and the only solution was to ask the outsystems folks to upgrade their servers after doing so the slowness of Service Studio has stopped)

- If you are on the latest version of Service Studio, try to see if the server is also on the same version, otherwise install service studio with the closest version to the server.

- Make sure there is no process running in the background on your machine that is running out of memory.

- Uninstall and reinstall Service Studio.

Doubt: Does Service Studio crash or just slow down?

Hug,

If I do a lot of actions in Service studio I always max out my memory usage in Service Studio and it crashes.  It gets to memory usage around 2GB.  I have to restart once in a while or I lose my work.

I have 2 modules open and thats how much memory its using. It lags as I type. Surprisingly it wont almost never crash.