What causes these errors?   What do I do? This is what happens when I try to open New Application...

Hi,

Apparently the internet connection is slow or not working at all.

If you checked and think your internet connection is working normally then I suggest you create a support case for OutSystems to help you.

https://www.outsystems.com/SupportPortal/CaseOpen/

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

Yes Daniel is right.but you can change timeout time using Edit/Preferences.

Adjusting the timeout in preferences only makes sense if you know that you have constantly a slower connection due to band width. 

If everything was fine before, and now not working there seems to be a problem that needs fixing.

Solution

Hi Tsubasa, 

Increasing the Timeout did work for you? 

If not, check if your environment is OK. From Service Center you can go to Monitoring and than to Environment Health. 

If you can't reach Service Center or something is wrong, this may be the problem. 

In that case, is your environment an OutSystems cloud or an On Premises (your own server)? 

Cheers 

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Tsubasa, 

Increasing the Timeout did work for you? 

If not, check if your environment is OK. From Service Center you can go to Monitoring and than to Environment Health. 

If you can't reach Service Center or something is wrong, this may be the problem. 

In that case, is your environment an OutSystems cloud or an On Premises (your own server)? 

Cheers 

I have increased the timeout from 6 to 600.  I made the value equal to "Long operations timeout".

But I'm not sure which part exactly this setting has changed when operating.

Does this adjusting kind of make the page loads faster ?

Hi, 

No. 

There are operations that are considered to take longer time to complete and operations that are usually short (finishes fast). 

Those two settings define how much time SS will wait for the operations to finish before assuming a Timeout happened. 

You're just saying to SS to wait more time. 

Did it worked for you? 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, 

No. 

There are operations that are considered to take longer time to complete and operations that are usually short (finishes fast). 

Those two settings define how much time SS will wait for the operations to finish before assuming a Timeout happened. 

You're just saying to SS to wait more time. 

Did it worked for you? 

Cheers 

I appreciate your help.

Despite increasing the Short Operations Timeout  to 600, I got the same error message.

How much should I increase it? 

Before increasing it further, please, go to Service Center and check in Monitoring - Environment Health that everything is OK. 

Also, check that you have enough AOs to publish on this server... 

Cheers.