[Microsoft Login Connector] Tried with MicrosoftLoginConnectorDemo and it is not working

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 20 Aug (5 days ago) by Paul Davies
10 votes
Published on 20 Aug (5 days ago) by Paul Davies

Tried Demo following the steps at MicrosoftLoginConnectorDemo/Instructions.aspx and could not get it working.

The Screenshots mentioned at scenario 1 does not match what I see.

I do not see OAuth/Login and only see OAuthLogin_Deprecated under commonflow in Microsoft Login Connector.

Tried with latest 5.0.2 version of  OS 10 and 5.0.2 and 5.0.9 OS11 versions of it still no luck.

Would appreciate if someone can provide any inputs.

Hi Satish,

Were you able to register the connector on Azure?

This is the documentation explaining the registeration process on azure portal.

What is the error message or screen shot at the point of failure you are getting.  

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Thanks Swatantra on your response, I did register the connector app in Azure AD using the steps mentioned in the documentation and I am using its Client ID & secret in the demo app.

On the instruction page in scenario 1 section it says "on the Login Button redirect the user to the OAuth/Login from Microsoft Login Connector"

I can only set the redirect to OAuthLogin_Deprecated from Microsoft Login Connector as shown below in destination.

I do not see OAuth/Login from Microsoft Login Connector.

I get this error when I proceed with setting the redirect page to OAuthLogin_Deprecated from Microsoft Login Connector.

AADSTS70008: The provided authorization code or refresh token is expired. Send a new interactive authorization request for this user and resource

Paul Davies wrote:

What is the error message or screen shot at the point of failure you are getting.  

Thanks Paul for your response.

I can only set the redirect to OAuthLogin_Deprecated from Microsoft Login Connector in destination.

I get this error when I proceed with setting the redirect page to OAuthLogin_Deprecated from Microsoft Login Connector.

AADSTS70008: The provided authorization code or refresh token is expired. Send a new interactive authorization request for this user and resource

Please refer to the screenshot in the earlier post.

Satish Mooppanar wrote:

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Thanks Swatantra on your response, I did register the connector app in Azure AD using the steps mentioned in the documentation and I am using its Client ID & secret in the demo app.

On the instruction page in scenario 1 section it says "on the Login Button redirect the user to the OAuth/Login from Microsoft Login Connector"

I can only set the redirect to OAuthLogin_Deprecated from Microsoft Login Connector as shown below in destination.

I do not see OAuth/Login from Microsoft Login Connector.

Satish,

Refresh tokens comes with lifetime or default "until-revoked". If a new token (and refresh token) isn't requested before that time it will expire resulting as "refresh token is expired" error. In that case you must re-authenticate.

Can you check on portal, what settings do you have for token?

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

I found this one regarding Token Lifetime https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Changes-to-the-Token-Lifetime-Defaults-in-Azure-AD/ba-p/245304 

Swatantra,

I finally was able to get the demo app working.

The problem was not with the token lifetime, it was set properly to expire in an hour.

I had the HomePageURL site property set as blank in the demo app due to which app was redirect back to callback page in connector app and trying to generate a token again rather than redirecting to the calling app.

I set the home page url correctly and was able to get it working.

Thanks for your comments!

Hi Satish,

It's great that you made it working and also provided the explanation for future readers.

I suggested the token solution based on what error message recorded in the screen. "AADSTS70008: The provided authorization code or refresh token is expired. Send a new interactive authorization request for this user and resource".

But now it explains, as new token was generated due to redirection.