Need to know the values in the GetBookmarkableURL(),GetOwnerURLPath() functions

Hi Team

I want to know what value is being passed if the below functions are used :-

URLEncode(Substr(GetBookmarkableURL(),0, Index(GetBookmarkableURL(),GetOwnerURLPath())) + "/ModuleName/")

Please help me that how can I check the values in the GetBookmarkableURL(),GetOwnerURLPath() to check what URL is getting build?

Hello Divya,

There are 2 options you can do to get these values:

1) Create a testscreen and put the result of that function in an expression.
2) Make use of the LogMessage action to send the value to the general log in service center.

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

Could also please let me know I want to check the values that are being used in the "external site".So the log message will come after that or before that and if the log message will come after "external site" then after log message we have to end the server action ?

Also can you help how I can put the values in the "message " of the "Log message":

Need to check the values for the below:-

URLEncode(Substr(GetBookmarkableURL(),0, Index(GetBookmarkableURL(),GetOwnerURLPath())) + "/ModuleName")

Also ,what value will be put in the Module Name?

Hello Divya,

When you'll need to know these values with the external site I would suggest to link to an action, in that action call the LogMessage and after the LogMessage do the external site. In the LogMessage action you'll set the message you'll want to see (in service center), so this will be the: 

URLEncode(Substr(GetBookmarkableURL(),0, Index(GetBookmarkableURL(),GetOwnerURLPath())) + "/ModuleName")

Regarding the value in the module name, this is dependend for which module you'll want to make the url. I can image the function like:

GetEntryEspaceName()

but this is really based on your case.

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi,

Call the function and generate a log, after is just verify at service center.

Regards,

Evert van der Zalm wrote:

Hello Divya,

When you'll need to know these values with the external site I would suggest to link to an action, in that action call the LogMessage and after the LogMessage do the external site. In the LogMessage action you'll set the message you'll want to see (in service center), so this will be the: 

Regarding the value in the module name, this is dependend for which module you'll want to make the url. I can image the function like:

GetEntryEspaceName()

but this is really based on your case.

Kind regards,
Evert

Thanks Evert.Will try that.Also ,want to know Can't I simply include the log message before the external site in the same action rather than creating a separate action and then adding it?

Divya Sharma wrote:

Thanks Evert.Will try that.Also ,want to know Can't I simply include the log message before the external site in the same action rather than creating a separate action and then adding it?

Divya,

Not really since the LogMessage isn't a function action. Besides that, it's not really wishfull since you'll get functions in functions which doesn't make you're code 'easier to read'. It was only for test reasons right, so do it, check it and remove it afterwards.

Evert