Hi Team

Need a suggestion in how to debug a timer:-

Steps:-

1.)Firstly we need to add the breakpoint on the timer action on each step so as to check where the timer is breaking.

2.)And we need to give a force run to timer from service centre and monitor in service studio to check where it is breaking.

3.)The timer is in the core module of our application so we can select the entry module as "this module" and uncheck the "Open in browser window"(as this is a timer and we don't need a browser ,we can trigger it through service centre)

Please correct me if any modifications will be required.

Yes your steps look okay. Is there any other question here which I am missing ? Or you just wanted to validate the steps ?


Cheers,

Tushar

That is how you do it! You can set on breakpoint at beginning of the timer, and then step through.

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Yes your steps look okay. Is there any other question here which I am missing ? Or you just wanted to validate the steps ?


Cheers,

Tushar

yes ,just wanted to validate the steps :)


Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

That is how you do it! You can set on breakpoint at beginning of the timer, and then step through.

Thanks Daniel :)


Want to know one more thing.We will be clicking on Start debugging button before the force run of timer or after the run of the timer from service center?

Divya Sharma wrote:

Want to know one more thing.We will be clicking on Start debugging button before the force run of timer or after the run of the timer from service center?


before

Also,when the timer will run,the successful steps will be moved automatically through the breakpoints.We don't have to do it manually.

Hi Divya,

Not sure what you try to say.

Debugging works as follows:

  • You set one or more breakpoints
  • You start a debugger session
  • If you have enabledthe Break on all exceptions and an exception occurs execution is halted for you to debug at the point of exception, or
  • If the program reaches a breakpoint execution is halted.
    • From there you either go through the code step by step using stop over (F10) or Step into'  (F11)
    • Or you let the program continue running until it reaches the next breakpoint  using Continue (F9)

More info on debugging:

Regards,

Daniel

Divya Sharma wrote:

Also,when the timer will run,the successful steps will be moved automatically through the breakpoints.We don't have to do it manually.


Divya, no offense intended, but I think you should try a few things before posting additional questions. Would help you to learn other minute things around the components you are playing with. Hope you take this as a constructive feedback!


Cheers,

Tushar 

Tushar Panpaliya wrote:

Divya Sharma wrote:

Also,when the timer will run,the successful steps will be moved automatically through the breakpoints.We don't have to do it manually.


Divya, no offense intended, but I think you should try a few things before posting additional questions. Would help you to learn other minute things around the components you are playing with. Hope you take this as a constructive feedback!


Cheers,

Tushar 

yeah..sure tushar will take this in a positive way...just wanted to clear some doubts ..as I am working on an application...