I am trying to make a management project web application to show what parts our clients are at in the projects. Which means that I need to do a login. I have imported data from a spreadsheet and called the data clients as that is the accounts. I wanted to make it so admin has control of making the new accounts which I have done by making a list screen but how do I link that to the pre-made login. How do I make an account on there and then make it useable by the login screen. Many thanks

Haiden Peck wrote:

I am trying to make a management project web application to show what parts our clients are at in the projects. Which means that I need to do a login. I have imported data from a spreadsheet and called the data clients as that is the accounts. I wanted to make it so admin has control of making the new accounts which I have done by making a list screen but how do I link that to the pre-made login. How do I make an account on there and then make it useable by the login screen. Many thanks

Hi,

You can create a session & call Login Action fro the respective user, such that when Admin clicks on the Login Button for any respective role, your implementation should get executed & then when you open your login page manually in webbrowser.. you should be auto login coz you have created a session by your Login Action.

Hi Haiden,

This is a good beginners course, there is a whole section in there called 'security and session handling', explaining how users, roles and application tie in together.

It explains how you can limit access to a whole screen or to certain actions, based on user roles.  You'd have to create an admin role for your application, and could then use that to limit access to your list screen.

In the User application of Outsystems, you can then assign the admin role of your application to only a few designated users.

I'm not sure from your question if this is the information you're after ?

Dorine

assif_tiger wrote:

Haiden Peck wrote:

Hi,

You can create a session & call Login Action fro the respective user, such that when Admin clicks on the Login Button for any respective role, your implementation should get executed & then when you open your login page manually in webbrowser.. you should be auto login coz you have created a session by your Login Action.

Thanks!

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Haiden,

This is a good beginners course, there is a whole section in there called 'security and session handling', explaining how users, roles and application tie in together.

It explains how you can limit access to a whole screen or to certain actions, based on user roles.  You'd have to create an admin role for your application, and could then use that to limit access to your list screen.

In the User application of Outsystems, you can then assign the admin role of your application to only a few designated users.

I'm not sure from your question if this is the information you're after ?

Dorine

Hi Dorine I am trying to be able to get each client there own account only the admin can make them which I have done by using "create detail screen" and when I create an account it shows that it has been created on the list screen in the app but doesn't let me login with them. So my question was how to I create a "client" and then be able to login with them.

hi Haiden, 

just look at the online training material I pointed you to.

It sounds like you made your own entity client, and some list and detail to maintain client info.  That's fine, but you will also have to make entries in the user table for each client that you want to allow to login.

You could add the users programatically in the server action that creates a new client, and give that user 'client' role.

Then, in your app, you will have some screens that only 'admin' role can acces, and other screens that both 'admin' and 'client' role can access.

Haiden Peck wrote:

Hai haiden,

You add a spreadsheet right in there add a column and define which one is admin,and which is normal.

and when your are login check in that entity is it admin or not .. if it is admin gives a permission to access that making new account page otherwise dint give a permission to that access making new account web page..

i hope its relevant for your question..