Google Maps API Key and Partner Demo 'Field Services Mobile' app

Hello all,

We have just created a new Google Maps API key to set up the Partner Demo 'Field Services Mobile' app. As per the setup instructions we applied the new key to 'Google Maps' and 'Google Maps Mobile' from the eSpace via Service Center.

The issue we have is that the maps render correctly in the Back Office, the web module but they do not render in the Mobile module of the app. The error is "This page can't load Google Maps correctly. Do you own the website?"

Can anyone help with some ideas on how to fix this?

Hello,

Can you open the app with a browser and check for the Javascript errors and copy them into here?

Cheers.

Hi Ricardo,

Here are the API keys installed in the Web and Mble App.

As an FYI … I have just spent the past few hours online with Google Maps support checking the keys. They tell me the Keys are sound with no billings issues. 

Hello again.

Can you also show me how are you using the site property ? Can you show me the map web block parameters?

Also, because you showed your key publicly, after your problem is fixed, it might be a good idea to close that one and generate a new one.

Cheers

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the very quick response. This is a pre build demo app from the OutSystems partner portal. We have just been following the instructions on where to load the new API keys … they were loaded in the Site Properties as per the screen shots above. Does this screen shot help?

It does help. On the right you have the parameters of the Map and you didn't put the api key. Fill the ApiKey parameter with your Site property and it should work.

Solution
Hi Ricardo, thank you. I have just added these actions to Get the API Key value from the site properties, to pass them into the screen initialize and APIKey source. Looking better now. Looks like these demo apps are a bit of a trap as there are big gaps between the setup instructions and what is in the download. Lost 1 day just trying to solve this. Learnt a lot in the process. Thanks Again … Regards John 

Solution

I'm glad I could help. You can paste the key directly into the maps parameter if you want. But the way you said is better If you use multiple screens with maps. Also, if you can, choose my post as the correct answer to help people with the same problem in the future. Cheers

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks again. I have marked the previous chat as 'Mark as a Solution' ….. is this what you want?

Regards John

Ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hello again.

Can you also show me how are you using the site property ? Can you show me the map web block parameters?

Also, because you showed your key publicly, after your problem is fixed, it might be a good idea to close that one and generate a new one.

Cheers

John,

Please pay attention to the last sentence: Anyone can now use your APIKey and you will pay the bills... Best is to generate a new ApiKey and close this one.

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks again. As an FYI we have replaced this key with a new one. The key in the screen shot has been deleted. Cheers John