Quick question Submit vs Navigation

i have a question related with the navigation request and submit request.

When you use a URL (or navigate to same screen) to a screen you will the preparation will be executed,

when  you use an upload or any submit action on that screen the preparation will be executed too. (there is that inbuild function isloadingscreen() that when is submit will return false and when is url will return true)

My question: Is the submit considered a screen request? or why is it different than use navigation to the same screen.

many thanks

Solution

I do not understand entirely your question, but I will try to answer anyways.

- navigation is to navigate to other screens mostly, there the preparation will hit.. so if you navigate to your own screen it will act as such

a.k.a. GET-request

- submit is "originally" used to post your form to your post and indeed it will hit the prep. mostly used for file-uploading and the old-school way of transporting data.

a.k.a. doing a POST-request

- ajax-submit is for speeding up things and thus NOT hitting the preparation.

a.k.a. using xmlHttpRequest with javascript.

so, doing a navigation or a submit to the (current screen) should be the same.

Solution

J. wrote:

- navigation is to navigate to other screens mostly, there the preparation will hit.. so if you navigate to your own screen it will act as such

a.k.a. GET-request

- submit is "originally" used to post your form to your post and indeed it will hit the prep. mostly used for file-uploading and the old-school way of transporting data.

Ok thank you this answer my question about is there anyway to do a request to a screen without run the preparation.

BR

Carlos Gonçalves wrote:

J. wrote:

a.k.a. GET-request

Ok thank you this answer my question about is there anyway to do a request to a screen without run the preparation.

BR

For the screen without hitting the preparation, I believe you have to use Ajax submit.