[Firebase Cloud Message Plugin] Not receiving notifications on iOS

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 18 Jul by Experts
6 votes
Published on 18 Jul by Experts

Hello,

We've tried updating the plugin to support MABS 5.0 on Android but updating the plugin caused a problem. iOS no longer receives notifications, I've debugged the middleware plugin and the PostSendIos API call response shows that it has failed: Succes: 0, Failed: 1

That's the only information in the response. I've set the integration logging to full but nothing appears in the integrations log (also successfull calls don't appear).

We are currently on OS 11.0.212.3.
The apps were generated with MABS 5.0.

Right now we've gone back a version of the plugins and the notifications are working for Android and iOS but since MABS 4.2 is to be deprecated on Oct 01 2019 we have to find a solution for iOS notifications.

Did anyone encounter the same issue, if so, how was it solved?

Regards,

Ruben

Ruben van Vugt wrote:

Hi I'm having the same issue. 

were you able to resolve this ?

After Firebase init I get that 

The device is already registered with a user. 

Hello,

We've tried updating the plugin to support MABS 5.0 on Android but updating the plugin caused a problem. iOS no longer receives notifications, I've debugged the middleware plugin and the PostSendIos API call response shows that it has failed: Succes: 0, Failed: 1

That's the only information in the response. I've set the integration logging to full but nothing appears in the integrations log (also successfull calls don't appear).

Right now we've gone back a version of the plugins and the notifications are working for Android and iOS but since MABS 4.2 is to be deprecated on Oct 01 2019 we have to find a solution for iOS notifications.

Regards,

Ruben

Anahit Pahlevanyan wrote:

Ruben van Vugt wrote:

Hi I'm having the same issue. 

were you able to resolve this ?

After Firebase init I get that 

The device is already registered with a user. 

Hello,

Regards,

Ruben

HI everyone 

any chance to know if this problem is solved?

thanks.

Hi Ruben van Vugt,

Try uploading the APN certificate in the cloud messaging tab available under setting in firebase console.

Regards,

Arun Kumar

Hi Arun,

We already have the APN certificate uploaded in Firebase. In the previous version the notifications were successfully received on iOS!

Regards,

Ruben

We have debugged the application and plugins somewhat further. We found that the registration for Android is successful but for iOS it doesn't seem to work. We do get a success output parameter and a registration id but, when we create an experiment in the Firebase console for our development application the notification is not received. There seem to be no registered devices for iOS development. When we do the same for Android we do see that there are registered devices and the notification is received.

Hi Everyone any solution ?

Anahit Pahlevanyan wrote:

Hi Everyone any solution ?

We started using Pushwoosh because we couldn't find a solution. Pushwoosh is supported by OutSystems so we expect issues wil be resolved faster.