String Split with file extension
Question

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

i am storing file name in the table. need to retrieve the filename extension on the table record to display the extension alone in one of the table Column. how do i do it.

String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".")

IF( String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".").length>1,

String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".")[1].Text.Value,"")

RMS wrote:

i am storing file name in the table. need to retrieve the filename extension on the table record to display the extension alone in one of the table Column. how do i do it.

String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".")

Hi RMS,

you can get the extension of the image from the output of the string split by using the below code

String_Split.List[1].Text.Value

use this:

just drag and put yours accordingly:

IF( String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".").length>1,

String_Split(MDDocumentTable.List.Current.MD_Documents.FileName,".")[1].Text.Value,"")

Thanks for the prompt response, Worked Well.

Hi

Here I have attached a file which contains a javascript on uploadonchange action that filters the extension of the file.

Hope this will helps.

Thanks

MultipleUpload.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.