[Browser Session Timeout] User is not taken to login page after specified minutes

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 1 Mar by Remco Dekkinga
2 votes
Published on 1 Mar by Remco Dekkinga

Hi,

I used this plugin to set the session timeout to 1 minute for testing in onSessionStart event. When I tested it in browser and kept it idle for 2 minutes, even after that it never took the user to login page.

I also tried to get the current session timeout before setting it and found out that it was getting defaulted to 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Prasad Rao

Solution

Hi Prasad,

I just created a small application that sets the browser session to 1 minute in the preparation of the page.

I log in to the application, but I turn off the Remember me checkbox in the login screen, this is important. When you do check the box, the system will try to log you in based on a cookie when the session expires. This way you can't see that the session was expired and a new session started.

After waiting for at least 1 minute you have to click on a link/button in your application that tries to load another page which does not have anonymous access. You will be redirected to the login screen.

The system is not smart enough to kick a user out of the application without any user interaction.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Solution