[Advanced Excel] Possible to support the XLSM file format?
Question
excel-png
Service icon
Forge component by Carlos Freitas

I am trying to import XLSM format file and I receive this error. Possible to include it as one of the supported files for Advanced Excel?

Thank you.

-Edwin

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Edwin

I will investigate and get back to you soon.

Hanno

Hi Hanno, news?

Regards

Carmine

Hi,
i have the same problem.
I'm working in Advanced Excel with xlsm file and all work well, i can write cells without errors, but when i use Workbook_GetBinaryData and from the UI i download the file excel says that the format is not valid. If i rename the file in .xlsx excel open it with all the data inside

Hi, try use the Mime-Type "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12" for xlsm file types.

Hi Huarlem, 

thanks for the reply.

I am using Outsyatems 11 and the "Download" widget does not have the mime-type attribute. How can I do this in Outsysems 11?

Regards 

Carmine

Hi Carmine, which version of Service Studio are you using?

I'm using the Beta version and 11.14.16, try this one.

Hi Huarlem,

are you using a traditional web application?  (Here i can enter the Mime-type).

I attach an example oml. Using Advance excel and I get the following error:

"The file cannot be opened because the format is not valid"

My Outsystems version is 11.53.3

Regards

Export.oml

Yes, I'm using the traditional web.

I looked at your oml but couldn't get a solution.

Are you trying to open the file in the same version of MSOffice it was created on?

I got it to work using an xlsm file created in my Excel and downloading it with the Mime-Type "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12", maybe it has something to do with the difference between MSOffice versions.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.