Is an extended property 'class' now combined with the 'Style classes'?

I noticed the following behavior that I think wasn't previously in Service Studio:

When adding an Extended Property named 'class' the values are combined with the actual Style Classes already set on the widget. 

Is this a new feature I missed?

Hi Arthur,

Till OS10 it was like if you have an extended class the Outsystems ignores the Style Classes at run time.

seems It has been updated in 11.

Regards,

Pankaj

Hi Pankaj, 

I noticed the behavior in OS 10 indeed but I'm almost sure I have also seen it in OS 11.

Regards,

Arthur 

Hello Arthur,

As far as I know, there is no change, as you can see here:

This happens also in Runtime. The extended attribute class completely replaces the Style Class applied.

Cheers.

P.S: I'm using SS 11.5.42, build 1590, in a personal environment with version 11.0.212.

Maybe in a newer version of the server, this has changed?

Hi Eduardo,

I see, but can you try with a button widget, like in the image? I get Button twice.

Regards,

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

It seems we both are right. The behaviour seems to depend on the widget. 

It works like you are seeing for buttons and containers, for example, but not like this for text and images, for example...

I'll ask around and come back here to confirm.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you! 

I think only noticed it on Buttons and Links so far (not on containers). 

Regards,

Arthur

Hi,

I tried with button, checkbox and a container, it only happens with the button, not the other 2.  It happens with all styles that are in the style property, not only Button style.

Since the preview only uses the extended class, and since that's the behaviour for the other two, I'm assuming this is a bug, not intentional.  I notice that there is an added class of ThemeGridMarginGutter on all buttons, so maybe the logic that adds that class, has a bug in it, not taking into consideration whether there is an extended property 'class'.

Dorine

Dorine, yes, 

I was misinterpreting the test with the container (because of a text with a class inside it).

:)

Hi Dorine, Eduardo,

I will drop a support ticket at OutSystems to see what they say about it. 

I am (almost) sure it recently changed in OS11.

Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,

Arthur

Hi,

Good idea.

In any case, I already asked the OutSystems internally and they will take a look as well.

Cheers!

Solution

Arthur Haine wrote:

I noticed the following behavior that I think wasn't previously in Service Studio:

When adding an Extended Property named 'class' the values are combined with the actual Style Classes already set on the widget. 

Is this a new feature I missed?

Hello Arthur,

I'm sorry that you have been struggling with this issue. Unfortunately it's a known issue, for which we don't have an expected date for the fix. The reason why it's because the fix would result on some breaking changes in existent applications. However let me pass you the context for the expected behavior based on the troubleshoot that I did.

For some widgets in web applications that are created with a default css class, or that might had some default css class in the past, like the button (already comes with the class Button), the value of the extended property 'class' will be combined, instead of replaced like it happens with other widgets. 

Let me know if you need further help!

Cheers!

Sara Gonçalves   

Solution

Hi Sara,

Thank you for the update! 

Regards,

Arthur