TableRecors with two rows for each record

Hello everyone,

In a tableRecord, I need to show 2 rows for each record, but I can't find a way to do it. Is this possible or will I have to use a ListRecord?

Thank you
Carlos Messias

Hi Carlos,

Do you mean that you need two actual, separate rows for each of the records on your list? I don't think there's an easy way to do this on the screen itself, but I can see two different alternatives depending on what you need to show in your Table:

- adapt the List to have another extra record for every "real" record you have: tricky to do in a query, resource intensive if you do it in your logic;

- for every Row in your TableRecord, you could use a webblock with two containers each using one of the TableRecord Row classes (TableRecords_OddLine and TableRecords_EvenLine): this would be my choice but you'd still need to adapt the CSS a bit to make it look like a normal Table.

This would only work if you need the illusion of two rows, and not actual rows on your table.

Hi Afonso,

Thanks for your reply

I don't know if I was explicit. In a ListRecord it is possible for each record to display something like:
- Field1 (occupies a complete line)
- Field2 (also occupies a complete line)
instead of: Field1 Field2
The goal is to achieve the same in a TableRecord

You can do it with the second option, the webblock, but whatever you display will always be wrapped inside a table row. You'd need to apply some CSS to make it look like two distinct rows, but it's possible:

https://afonsobc.outsystemscloud.com/IdTest

Those two lines are the result of one record in a List. What I did was remove the default table row styles from the TableRecord widget like this:

And then inside the webblock I added them to two containers:

Then for each row, you use the webblock:

Hi,

In a tablerecords cell you can also show more then one attribute from an aggregate. Make sure you put field2 in a container so by default it is placed on a new line within he cell.

Regards,

Dankel

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
The example I gave is just that.
What I want is something more complex. Anything like:
Line1 - Filed1 Field2 Field3 Field4
Line2 - Field5 (occupying the entire line)
In practice Line1 has several columns and Line2 a single column

Hi,

Why not state that clearly in your original post?.

I would do that by using a List Records widget.

You can copy past TableRecords row and cell structure for the first row, then and a container full width for the second row to include an expression for field5.

Regards,

Dsniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Why not state that clearly in your original post?.

I would do that by using a List Records widget.

You can copy past TableRecords row and cell structure for the first row, then and a container full width for the second row to include an expression for field5.

Regards,

Dsniel

Hi,

A listRecord is precisely what I am currently using, however, since I am breaking the list on multiple pages, I have difficulty placing a header on each page.

Best regards,
Carlos Messias

Hi Carlos,

So, there is new information, you have "multiple pages", you mean you print your screen to PDF ?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi again,

You could add a table above your listRecords widget, although it will take some effort to allign your headings.

How do you print your pages, if you use a forge component Html2PdfConverter then there are forum posts that can help you achive what you want.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17923/html2pdfconverter-faq/

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20596/overlapping-column-header-and-content-of-table-records/

Regards,

Daniel