[TP-Link Kasa HSXXX Integration] Bulbs

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 7 Feb by Yuri Vieira
0 votes
Published on 7 Feb by Yuri Vieira

Hi!

Very nice work on your TP-Link components! 

I actually started my own before checking if someone else had done it. You say that your component can control bulbs also but I couldn't find anything related with that. I wanted to check how where you obtaining the emeter config from those but no luck. Did I miss something?

Hello, Hélio,

Thank you very much for your compliments.

I do not have any bulbs on my systems at the moment. But from what I could find on the internet and that allowed me to control the smart sockets that I have the command to turn off and on the sockets should work for the bulbs.

The original source for this component was this article: https://itnerd.space/2017/01/22/how-to-control-your-tp-link-hs100-smartplug-from-internet/

About the emeter info that you asked about. Are you talking about the emeter info on bulbs or on smart sockets? If it's on bulbs I am not sure if it is even supported by the hardware on them. As far as I know the emeter info is only available on the smart sockets HS110. For example, I have sockets that are HS100 and HS110, the HS100 does not have energy meter functionality and the emeter info is empty on the JSON that is returned.

Not sure if I understood your questions correctly. If not, please let me know.

Yeah I've also used that article :) 

I own a HS110 and a LB130. For the LB130 the Kasa app has the emeter info so I was assuming we could obtain it also through the REST API but using the "HS110" emeter part of the request I always get a "Module not supported". 

I was just checking to see if you had more insight on this topic :) Thank you and keep up the good work 

Solution

Hélio Cardoso wrote:

Yeah I've also used that article :) 

I own a HS110 and a LB130. For the LB130 the Kasa app has the emeter info so I was assuming we could obtain it also through the REST API but using the "HS110" emeter part of the request I always get a "Module not supported". 

I was just checking to see if you had more insight on this topic :) Thank you and keep up the good work 

Thanks again Hélio.

Out of curiosity I was checking the LB130 on the internet for the JSON response and it looks like the command and response are different from the smart sockets for the emeter info. See if this helps:

https://github.com/briandorey/tp-link-LB130-Smart-Wi-Fi-Bulb/blob/master/protocols.md

Solution

You my friend are a life saver! For the sake of me and my Google searches I was never able to found what you have shown me, I've just tried it and it works perfectly! Thank you

Haha no problem! Glad I could help!