I am using Dev version 10.0.10170.

1.In the UI module, I right-click the web screen I need to debug and choose open in browser - it loads correctly.  I open the preparation for the web screen and add a break-point at the start of the prep. I select the debugger tab at the bottom of the screen, check I have the correct entry module selected and then click Start Debugging.
2.In the browser, I refresh the page, and it hangs before reloading the page, as I would expect it to when debugging.
3.In the UI module, nothing has changed; the debugging window remains empty and the step over/into/out icons are not activated. The browser web page doesn't load until I hit the Stop Debugging button - then it loads correctly.

I have tried
1.refreshing all references and republishing
2.using Chrome, Firefox and IE.
3.cloning the UI module and debugging on that.
4.restarting the environment, logging off, restarting PC
5.deleting contents of temp folder

Hoping someone can help


How if you put breakpoint first and select start debugging 

then run the web screen?

I experience debugging problem if other developer is publishing when i am debugging.

regards

Hi Fiona,

This is indeed strange behaviour. The only thing I can think of is that someone else also has debugging activated for the same Screen, and there's interference from that.

Is it just this one Screen that exhibits this behaviour, or is it other Screens as well? And does debugging work as expected when putting a break point in a Screen Action?

Behavioral wrote:

How if you put breakpoint first and select start debugging 

then run the web screen?

I experience debugging problem if other developer is publishing when i am debugging.

regards

Exactly the same - the web page 'hangs' in the browser, until I stop the debugger. However, the debugger appears to be inactive


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Fiona,

This is indeed strange behaviour. The only thing I can think of is that someone else also has debugging activated for the same Screen, and there's interference from that.

Is it just this one Screen that exhibits this behaviour, or is it other Screens as well? And does debugging work as expected when putting a break point in a Screen Action?

Its any screen/web-block/screen action I try. I have checked and my colleagues don't currently have break-points activated where I am testing. 


Solution

Hi,

Try this:

Go to Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog, mark the "Use One Connection per Request in Debugger"

Try again.

Depending on your infrastructure, this may be required (we had this problem at our office).

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

Try this:

Go to Preferences.

In the Preferences dialog, mark the "Use One Connection per Request in Debugger"

Try again.

Depending on your infrastructure, this may be required (we had this problem at our office).

Cheers.

That resolved it - thank you very much!  (virtual pint of your preferred beverage coming your way)


XD

Thanks Fiona,

Glad this was of help :)

Cheers!