How mobile application integrates with SF Connector?

I have a requirement where i need to use SFConnector to call salesforce from my mobile app and render the data. How can i do as we dont have SF connector support for mobile view?

Hi laxmiprasanna b,

Nothing stops you from using the Web SalesForce Connector and call it from the Mobile app. The obvious downside to it is that all the calls to the SalesForce server will go through the OutSystems platform server instead of directly from the Mobile app to the SalesForce server.

Would this be acceptable?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi laxmiprasanna b,

Nothing stops you from using the Web SalesForce Connector and call it from the Mobile app. The obvious downside to it is that all the calls to the SalesForce server will go through the OutSystems platform server instead of directly from the Mobile app to the SalesForce server.

Would this be acceptable?

Do you mean to say i need to connect SFconnector from my mobile application server module and populate the data in mobile view ?

Yes, if in your Mobile application you call your SF Connector Server Actions, it should work, it's just that the OutSystems Platform Server would be acting as an intermediary, instead of the mobile device connecting directly to the SF server.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Yes, if in your Mobile application you call your SF Connector Server Actions, it should work, it's just that the OutSystems Platform Server would be acting as an intermediary, instead of the mobile device connecting directly to the SF server.

What are the prerequisites to connect the salesforce connector?

do we need to create entities for the salesforce response in outsystem?

Hi laxmiprasanna b,

I haven't checked the connector in a long time, you're better off checking its page on the forge. If you have any questions on how to use it, you can ask them in the support forum (check first if there's already an answer for them there).

In general connectors like this would provide Structures to hold info obtained from SalesForce, but you will have to assess that. If you want to store/cache that information on your mobile device, you will likely need to create Local Storage entities though.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi laxmiprasanna b,

I haven't checked the connector in a long time, you're better off checking its page on the forge. If you have any questions on how to use it, you can ask them in the support forum (check first if there's already an answer for them there).

In general connectors like this would provide Structures to hold info obtained from SalesForce, but you will have to assess that. If you want to store/cache that information on your mobile device, you will likely need to create Local Storage entities though.

Oke i will do the sf connection on my service module and expose those as server action, will that be  possible to mobile app module to call the server action on service module and use the data?

laxmiprasanna b wrote:

Oke i will do the sf connection on my service module and expose those as server action, will that be  possible to mobile app module to call the server action on service module and use the data?

Yes, you can call Server actions from a Client actions on mobile.