[Location Plugin] Location When In Use Usage Description property not getting updated

Forge Component
(22)
Published on 3 Apr by OutSystems R&D
22 votes
Published on 3 Apr by OutSystems R&D

Hi All,

I updated the below mentioned configuration within the plugin and regenerated the application binary however the info.plist file for the generated binary is as follows:

{
    "plugin":
    {
        "url": "https://github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-geolocation.git#4.0.1-OS1",
        "variables": [{
            "name": "LOCATION_WHENINUSE_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",
            "value": "Your location will be displayed on the Map and used for directions, finding nearby ATM location search, and estimated travel time."
        }]
    }
}

The Location When In Use Usage Description property is unchanged and the newly defined value is appended within Location Always Usage Description property. Is there any other specific variable to be used to change this property?

Hi Team,

With the above settings in the extensibility configuration, we are not able to see the usage description in the permission dialog. 

Prior to iOS v13 we were able to see the custom usage description we had used but after upgrading to the latest iOS releases, we are not able to see the description. 

Can anyone please help us in resolving this issue.

Here's the screenshot:

"variables": [
{
    "name": "LOCATION_WHENINUSE_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",
    "value": "Your location will be displayed on the Map and used for directions, finding nearby ATM location search, and estimated travel time."
},
{
    "name": "LOCATION_ALWAYSANDWHENINUSE_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",
    "value": "Always use is required for background location tracking"
},
{
    "name": "LOCATION_ALWAYSUSAGE_DESCRIPTION",
    "value": "Background location-tracking is required"
}
]

Hey!

For iOS you normally are required to add the rest of these variable configurations.

Regards,

Sam

Hi Samuel,

We tried by adding rest of variables in configurations but still result is same. We have generated new build as well.

Thanks,

Umesh Kulkarni

I've looked into that plugin specifically (https://github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-geolocation.git#4.0.1-OS1). It uses a different usage description than we picked up before. From the error Jitul showed us only the WhenInUse seems to be required for the plugin and it is refered to as NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription from the documentation, so something like this should, in theory, work:

"variables": [
{
    "name": "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription",
    "value": "Background location-tracking is required"
}
]

Hi Samuel,

I tried approach given by you but still the result is same.

Thanks,

Umesh Kulkarni

Hi, Umesh,

How close is your case to Jitul's? Can you give me more details on what's going on there by PM or opening another thread?

Regards,

Sam

Hi Samuel,

Its still showing blank description as shared by Shreyas in screenshot on this thread.

Thanks,

Umesh Kulkarni

Hey, Umesh

It might be a matter of defining the right parameter for the usage description. With this plugin this variable is also being used

"variables": [{
                "name": "GEOLOCATION_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",
                "value": "Your current location will be displayed on the map and used for directions."
            }]

Let me know if this helps,

Sam

Hi Samuel,

Yes I tried with this approach as well. But no luck.

Thanks,

Umesh Kulkarni