Activation mail not received on gmail accounts

Hi Team

Version of Outsystems:-10

We use an activation mail that is sent to the user for activating himself in the application.But the activation mail is not being received by the users who have gmail accounts.Also, we can not configure the gmail smtp server as the mail is sent to varied mail domain and not being sent only on the gmail accounts.Default smtp server IP is configured as SMTP Server in the service centre.

What can be the reasons for that?How can it be resolved?

Hi Divya,

What is the status of those emails within Service Center - are they marked as Sent without errors? Have you tried creating a fresh gmail account and sending an email?

It's possible that your SMTP server has been tagged as a spam server and your emails are being dropped. Can you send an email through your server without Outsystems as an intermediary?

1.)What is the status of those emails within Service Center - are they marked as Sent without errors?

Yes,the status is marked as sent without errors.

2.)Have you tried creating a fresh gmail account and sending an email?

Users having gmail accounts are facing this issue.This can also be considered as a test .

3.)It's possible that your SMTP server has been tagged as a spam server and your emails are being dropped. 

Yes , this might be the case. Is there any way to check this at recipient's end.

4.)Can you send an email through your server without Outsystems as an intermediary?

No this is not possible.This might have an impact on other applications.

If in service centre port 587 alongwith the default port 25 is inserted .Can that resolve the problem of mails from outsystems getting received in gmail accounts?

From reading that only Gmail accounts are not receiving emails, I'd say that number 3 is the most probable. I don't believe Google informs recipients that they have not received an email.

I suggested number 4 as a simple way to discard Outsystems as the root cause of the problem - if your SMTP server can't send emails to Gmail addresses from any context, it would add more weight to the "marked as spam server" idea.

Can you access the SMTP server in any way and check for bounce emails? Some email providers won't inform spam servers that they've been dropped, but it's worth a try.

Can you access the SMTP server in any way and check for bounce emails? 

Yes,we raised the ticket with the messaging team also and the status is sent from their end also.

Short of contacting Google and trying to track down your emails - I'd be unsure of where to even begin with this - you could do one last try and query public global spam lists like Spamhaus and checking to see if your server pops up. It looks reasonable to assume that the email is being sent correctly from your end if both Outsystems and SMTP server logs confirm it, which means it's being lost elsewhere, outside of your infrastructure.