Accordion not working properly

Hi everyone,

I am using the accordion holder inside it I am placing 5 accordions. Accordion 2 will only be enabled if accordion one fields are filled. Same goes for the other accordions. First accordion will always be enabled.  On filling the values in accordion 1 fields, I am ajax refreshing the accordion 2 widget. It is getting enabled as the cursor changes to hand but accordion 2 is not expanding.

Please help!!

Thanks & Regards

Shivya Pant

Shivya Pant wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am using the accordion holder inside it I am placing 5 accordions. Accordion 2 will only be enabled if accordion one fields are filled. Same goes for the other accordions. First accordion will always be enabled.  On filling the values in accordion 1 fields, I am ajax refreshing the accordion 2 widget. It is getting enabled as the cursor changes to hand but accordion 2 is not expanding.

Please help!!

Thanks & Regards

Shivya Pant

Hi Shivya,

Are you refreshing all the accordion, including accordion holder ? 

Regards

Pedro Costa wrote:

Shivya Pant wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please help!!

Thanks & Regards

Shivya Pant

Hi Shivya,

Are you refreshing all the accordion, including accordion holder ? 

Regards

Hi Pedro Costa,

If I am refreshing the entire accordion holder then it is running fine but the values of the accordion items get reset to null.

So, I am refreshing just the accordion item 2 in a function that is being called on field change of accordion 1.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya

You can pass form values to a local variable that is being used in the source form, and after refresh, the input is filled and should work. Or, you can try using JS  https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/19079/accordionitem-open-close-state/

Pedro Costa wrote:

You can pass form values to a local variable that is being used in the source form, and after refresh, the input is filled and should work. Or, you can try using JS  https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/19079/accordionitem-open-close-state/

Hi Pedro Costa,

I am making 5 local variables of type structure(it consist of all the field variables). When I am refreshing the accordion 2 it is being enabled but not expanding. If I am refreshing the accordion holder then the accordion 2 is being enabled and also expanding but the values of local variables for accordion 1 is being reset to null.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hello Shivya, 

If you Ajax refresh only an accordion item, it will stop working. So, it seems to be mandatory to Ajax refresh the entire holder. 

So, first question. 

Are you using a form around the accordion? Or a form per accordion item? Or no form at all? 

And what are you 'enabling/disabling'? And how? The accordion items? The form/forms? 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Shivya, 

If you Ajax refresh only an accordion item, it will stop working. So, it seems to be mandatory to Ajax refresh the entire holder. 

So, first question. 

Are you using a form around the accordion? Or a form per accordion item? Or no form at all? 

And what are you 'enabling/disabling'? And how? The accordion items? The form/forms? 

Cheers

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

No, I am not using any forms here. The structure is as follow:

My screen has 5 accordions. Each accordion consists of 8 fields(including dropdowns and textboxes). I have created a structure for these 8 fields. I am making 5 local variables in my screen of this structure type for each accordion. 

Now I want accordion_2 to be enabled only if accordion_1 fields are filled and as follow for the other accordions till 5.

I am not using Form in any of the accordions.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

And how are you "enabling / disabling" the accordion_2?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

And how are you "enabling / disabling" the accordion_2?

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am using isDisabled feature for the accordion widget. If the fields of the accordion_1 is edited the on change method gets initiated and changes the boolean value to false otherwise true for isDisabled.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hi,

I just can't reproduce your problem on platform 11.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

Cheers.

Hi, 

May I please request for the oml file, as I am stuck with the same problem form past a day. Also, am currently using the Outsystems 11 version.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi,

Cheers.

Also, are you using any theme, like Lisbon or any other bcoz I am not using any such themes.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivya Pant

Hello Shivya, 

Using only the Top Menu theme from OS 11.

As soon as I get to my computer, I send you the OML. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Shivya, 

Using only the Top Menu theme from OS 11.

As soon as I get to my computer, I send you the OML. 

Cheers 

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Sure. Thank you.

Regards,

Shivya Pant

Sorry for the delay. Follow :)

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Sorry for the delay. Follow :)

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thank you for the oml file.

Regards,

Shivya Pant