Hey everyone,

Can someone point me out documentation on the "Publish with full compilations" checkbox that we can find under a Solution's details page (on Service Center)?

It would be good to have something explaining the differences between checking it or not, i.e., what's happening under the hood in both cases? What should be rationale for you to select one or the other?

Thanks!

[Update: added more details on the formulated question.]

Hi Ricardo,

It is possible via ServiceCenter, create a solution with all the modules (create new solution and use a * to add all modules).

Check the box "Publish with full compilations" on the bottom and then the Publish button of the Current Running Version to update all the references of all the modules.

When finished the yellow exclamations are all gone.

References that result in broken modules will be visible because they show up with a red cross. These modules need to be fixed by hand.

You also may want to look at: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Development_FAQs/How_to_republish_your_factory

Kind regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Hi Nuno,

I didn't ask that.

I asked about the differences between publishing with full compilation, and not publishing that way. Just that.

Oh! And your link doesn't work.

Cheers.

Ricardo,

the difference is that Full Compilation does the publishing one by one, while the other way just updates the references.

Regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Ricardo,

I'll try explain it by other way, the difference is, by checking the option makes a module that is being referenced become part of the solution and as such is published just as the module you added. If you do this, the users module for example becomes part of the solution and will be published. Full Compilation allows, even if you do not put the referenced module as part of the solution, by publishing the solution, the reference will also be recompiled.

Let me know if I can help you!?

Best regards,

Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Ricardo Saraiva wrote:

Hey everyone,

Can someone point me out documentation on the "Publish with full compilations" checkbox that we can find under a Solution's details page (on Service Center)?

It would be good to have something explaining the differences between checking it or not, i.e., what's happening under the hood in both cases? What should be rationale for you to select one or the other?

Thanks!

[Update: added more details on the formulated question.]

Hello, Ricardo.

I am also very interested in getting an official "documentation" for this topic.

From what I've noticed, these are the differences:

Replicating a full compilations refresh:

For every module on your solution:

1. Open

2. Refresh references

3. Publish

4. A new version (of module) is created if differences were found (after refresh references). You can even have a "broken" module as new version.

Replicating a normal refresh:

For every module on your solution:

1. Open

2. Publish (without refreshing references)

3. No new version (of module) is created

There are probably other differences that only OutSystems can confirm.