Use of infragistics and telerik control

Hi All,

Can we use infragistics and telerik control with outsystem? OR any specific control like grid need to use?


Thanks for help in advance,


Regards,

Jaydeep


Hi,

Yes, regarding telerik, that would be possible, for web I would use the jQuery version of the telerik UI library.

Most OutSystems UI widgets have underneath one or another UI library.

You should however ask yourself if it is really necessary to invest the time to integrate it. 

Most time you can find similar widgets in OutSystems UI.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Yes, regarding telerik, that would be possible, for web I would use the jQuery version of the telerik UI library.

Most OutSystems UI widgets have underneath one or another UI library.

You should however ask yourself if it is really necessary to invest the time to integrate it. 

Most time you can find similar widgets in OutSystems UI.

Regards,

Daniel


Thanks for clarification

You could clone OutSystems UI and look how they have encapsulated a particular UI widget library for example slider.

That would give you an impression on how to proceed.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

You could clone OutSystems UI and look how they have encapsulated a particular UI widget library for example slider.

That would give you an impression on how to proceed.

I am new to outsystems. Could you please elaborate more on this? or share steps.


Thanks for help,

Jaydeep


Solution

Hi Jaydeep,

If you are new to OutSystems, then my advice is not to focus initiallly on integrating an 3th party UI library in OutSystems. OutSystem has actually two good solutions for that SilkUI that was succeeded by OutSystems UI since version 11.

My advice try to make yourself familiar first with what OutSystems has to offer, there is a good learn site (all for free, it will only cost you time).

There are several guided paths depending what your focus is, web development, mobile development, front-end development.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/

Then back to your original question, you would have to doe the following steps

  • Create a web or mobile application, 
  • On the Interface tab navigate to one of the OutSystems UI widgets, and select Open 'OutSystemsUIWeb' or 'OutSystemsUIMobile'

A clone of this OutSystems module is then created that you can inspect how the UI widgets are developed.

You will notice that many of them have an underlying UI library in either vanilla javascript or Jquery.


But again, I would focus first on learning OutSystems and OutSystems UI.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Jaydeep,

If you are new to OutSystems, then my advice is not to focus initiallly on integrating an 3th party UI library in OutSystems. OutSystem has actually two good solutions for that SilkUI that was succeeded by OutSystems UI since version 11.

My advice try to make yourself familiar first with what OutSystems has to offer, there is a good learn site (all for free, it will only cost you time).

There are several guided paths depending what your focus is, web development, mobile development, front-end development.

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/

Then back to your original question, you would have to doe the following steps

  • Create a web or mobile application, 
  • On the Interface tab navigate to one of the OutSystems UI widgets, and select Open 'OutSystemsUIWeb' or 'OutSystemsUIMobile'

A clone of this OutSystems module is then created that you can inspect how the UI widgets are developed.

You will notice that many of them have an underlying UI library in either vanilla javascript or Jquery.


But again, I would focus first on learning OutSystems and OutSystems UI.

Regards,

Daniel


Thanks for detailed clarification.I will definitely go through learning path.

Enjoy the low-code ride!