Hi, 

Our customer has a requirement to integrate Outsystems Cloud and S4 HANA Cloud.

Are we able to use the Outsystems in-built SAP Connector to connect to S4 HANA Cloud ?

Any documentation or links will be helpful

We are using Outsystems 11

Hello Sam,

Yes you can still use the connector however signals from SAP are that it will be deprecated.
On S/4HANA we have a successful POC running with native SAP authentication and security in place.
Most SAP Architects by now not promote using BAPI with S/4HANA.

Second option to integrate with S/4HANA is using ODATA services, this is a preferred way of working by SAP.
OutSystems does not have support yet for ODATA however it would not surprise me if that changes.

Third and most powerful way is connecting through the new connector SAP is providing. This connector we have running in a POC system now with and is the most powerful. This will create a native S/4HANA 1809 connection where you can extend existing S/4HANA tables instead of building large cached SAP data store in your Core OutSystems layer.

Depending on your customers Business scenario's you can make a choice.
If the business scenario is SAP ECC to S/4HANA migration it makes no sense in my view to use OutSystems.
There are plenty of tools available for migrating SAP ECC to S/4HANA and it is pretty easy and straightforward.
Check this video

If your customers business scenario is to just have a bit of data in and out of SAP the old BAPA integration is fine.

Enterprise for SAP

www.sapoutsystems.com

SAP OutSystems Group

If your customer business scenario is extensive mobilizing of SAP S/4HANA business processes it pays off to invest in this native connection. It will also reduce OutSystems AO usage if you build the proper architecture around it.
S/4HANA Cloud Integration

Hope this helps, don't forget the license changes that your customer has by the way to see what you can and cannot do from a license perspective.

Check License requirements

Cheers Erwin
B-Synergy

In addition to Erwin's reply, I recommend a quite recent video about the data migration process in SAP S/4HANA Cloud using the Data Migration Cockpit tool.

Regards
Jimmy