Creation of Stored Procedure

Hi All,

When i try to create stored procedure system throws the following exception.How to fix it

Thanks

R.Karthik

Hello Karthik, unfortunately you can not create a stored procedure by default on Outsystems and it is because the Outsystems Runtime user from database do not has access to create that. Although you can give for that user a specific access for this (of course when you have Outsystems On Premisses), but the Outsystems documentation do not recommend, it is unsafe.

The only user data base with this type of permission is "OSADMIN", and it is not used by plafom in runtime, is not permitted a developer use this user for login or query execution;

Best Regards,
Paulo Fagundes Jr.

karthik R wrote:

Hi All,

When i try to create stored procedure system throws the following exception.How to fix it

Thanks

R.Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Yes, Only execute stored procedure but we can't create stored procedure in Outsystems.

You need access to the database, like Paulo says, and of course the right permissions to create stored procedures.

Please refer below article it may be help how to create stored procedure.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14867/how-to-execute-stored-procedures/

Best Regards,

Amit Verma

Hi karthik R,

Like others have mentioned, creating stored procedures is not supported from within the OutSystems platform, although there are ways to call them in external databases you may be integrating with.

Can you explain why you need stored procedures? the example you show doesn't seem particularly useful, so I'm interested in understand your requirements.