Im trying to get the weeks of the year. And then if I have the weeks then I want to show a week on a page and go with a button from week to week. The firstday of a week must be monday and lastday needs to be sunday. I want to do this for my timetracking system and this is on a webapplication. 

Hi,

I think this component can help you. It has some functions to handle weeks.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Halit, 

This component from Forge has a weeknumber function, but I don't know if it allows you to define what is the first day of the week. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=90

But even if it doesn't, you can take a look into the code to see if you can adapt. 

Cheers 

Hi Halit,

Unfortunately, there are multiple ways to define what the week number of a given week is. Some standards calculate week 1 as the week containing 1 January, others as the week containing more than three January days, and yet others calculate it as the first week to contain only January days. Then of course there's the problem of whether the week starts on Sunday or Monday, as that can effect the "more than three January days" calculation.

If the Forge components don't help you, you'll need to do your own calculations. If you Google, there's quite a bit of information to be found, even complete algorithms.

Hi,

I guess 'DayOfWeek' function could help you, below is how I have used it in my application. You can arrange the week(start or end day) by passing the date.

The problem with "DayOfWeek" is that it uses Sunday as the first day of the week. Which might be right for Portugal, but not for many other countries...

Siddhant Chauhan wrote:

Hi,

I guess 'DayOfWeek' function could help you, below is how I have used it in my application. You can arrange the week(start or end day) by passing the date.

I did now DayOfweek(CurrDate()) = 0 and then it returns false what I just want is when I click on a weeknumber it shows me the dates of that week in a list

Hi Halit,

Did you check the component I recommended? It has an action StartOfWeek that returns the first day of the week if you provide a year and a week number. To get the other days of the week you just need to use the Outsystems action addDays.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Halit,

Did you check the component I recommended? It has an action StartOfWeek that returns the first day of the week if you provide a year and a week number. To get the other days of the week you just need to use the Outsystems action addDays.

Regards,

Marcelo

Yes I checked it but I didn't understand the functions and how to use it exactly I try first an another step before I go further on with mine problem 

Thank you for the fast responds!