Inputs with Start Date and End Date of the current month

Hello Guys!

I am developing a Web App and on a page show through a Table Records the type of expense and the sum of these expenses for a certain period that the user can put. Ok, it's working! But....

I want to show the situation of the current month, that is, I would like the inputs "InitialDate" and "FinalDate" to be filled respectively with the first and last days of the current month. From that point I froze.

If we are on September and CurrDate() for example would be: 2019-09-25 would automatically recognize that September InitialDate is 2019-09-01 and September FinalDate is 2019-09-30. How i do it?

Should be create a button next to "Clear Button" to fill in the input through an action?

Or is it easier for the page to start already with the information filled in?

I can't think of how I extract month information from CurrDate () knowing that each month ends with a different day. Maybe it's easier than I think.

Solution

Hi André,

Here are the formulas to use:

Last day of currrent month: AddDays( AddMonths( NewDate( Year(Date), Month(Date), 1 ), 1 ), -1 )

First day of current month: NewDate( Year(Date), Month(Date), 1)

I would advice you make two server actions that have a Date type input, and a Date type output.

Set the IsFunction to true. Then you can use them in expressions.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi André,

Here are the formulas to use:

Last day of currrent month: AddDays( AddMonths( NewDate( Year(Date), Month(Date), 1 ), 1 ), -1 )

First day of current month: NewDate( Year(Date), Month(Date), 1)

I would advice you make two server actions that have a Date type input, and a Date type output.

Set the IsFunction to true. Then you can use them in expressions.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
I will do it that way.
Thank's for your time!

Your welcome

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Your welcome

I followed your directions and it worked! Thanks

I am sending the solution image to help those who have the same question.