I am making a popup for a download our app button.

So when a user comes to the site I want the popup to appear
and then it must not appear again for the rest of the users session.

I am struggling to get the popup to appear on page load. Please help.

Also when they select an option in the popup I want my popup to close and then redirect to an external URL. But I can only get it to close the popup, it won't redirect to my external url.

Currently I have a button activating the Popup. But I need to get rid of the button and have it activating on it's own when the visitor come to the site. And only once in the visitors session.

Any help would be very much appreciated. :) 

Solution

if you have it working with a button you can use the widget_click in the screen action.

Then you can hide the button with display:none.

Solution

Stefano Valente wrote:

if you have it working with a button you can use the widget_click in the screen action.

Then you can hide the button with display:none.

Hi Thank you for the idea.

This sounds like a hack though. Is it?

And is there no convention already in place for this functionality?
Or is that the conventional method? 

Also why does my popup not redirect to my external URL?

In my popup page I have a screen action for OnClick and when the action is run it closes the popup but doesn't redirect. 

Hi Rebelestablished,

put a button with display:none;  and use the widget_click(); in your preparation to open your pop-up. 

To redirect, you can use the same aproach, when you use the pop_close, use another widget_click() to open a new url ( you can use the property "target: _blank" ).

Best regards,

PVN

Hi,

You should notify the main page that open the popup and from there redirect to the page you want.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

You should notify the main page that open the popup and from there redirect to the page you want.

Regards,

Marcelo

That's what I already implemented. but I need other functionality which I added to the question.

When you make the popup_close, you should do END, but when you use popeditor_notify, in you main page use notify_getmessage, and use a widget_click to link to your ExternalURL