Outsystems Deployment services is in stopping mode

Hi Team,

I am not able to deploy any module on my production server because of outsystems deployment service is in Stopping mode(not able start or stop it).

So could you please assist me for the same.

I sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter and I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Krushna

Hi Krushana Mantri,

Is this on-premises? And the Windows Service is frozen in Stopping mode? You may want to forcefully terminate/kill the service process and relaunch it again.

If it's on the cloud, then you need to open a ticket with OutSystems support to take care of that, as you cannot do anything.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Krushana,

Are you using Cloud or OnPrimisses Enviroment.

if you are using cloud than you should need to connect Outsystem support.

Else you are using OnPrimisses Enviroment.

you need to start manually from server.

type "Start services"  in  search program and click on it once completed this process and try again to deploy your application.

Have any question let me know.

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Rahul,

I am using OnPrimisses Enviroment, I have already tried to Start services option still same error persist.

Regards,

Krushna

Hi Krushna,

Then you should have to try this approch once.

Go to Start > Run > and type regedit

Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

With the control folder selected, right click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value

Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout

Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify

Click Decimal, type '180000', and then click OK

Restart the computer

Cause:

The Microsoft Windows Service Control Manager controls the state (i.e., started, stopped, paused, etc.) of all installed Windows services. By default, the Service Control Manager will wait 30,000 milliseconds (30 seconds) for a service to respond. However, certain configurations, technical restrictions, or performance issues may result in the service taking longer than 30 seconds to start and report ready to the Service Control Manager.

By editing or creating the ServicesPipeTimeout DWORD value, the Service Control Manager timeout period can be overridden, thereby giving the service more time to start up and report ready to the Service.

hope this will help you

Thanks

Rahul Sahu

Hi Krushana,

You need to check event viewer to check for any error when you try to start the service. If you see a timeout than you can try Rahul option. If the error is other let us know and we will try to help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Rahul/Marcelo,

I did what you said, deployment services status is "started" now still I am receiving below error:  Timeout while attempting to connect.

Regards,

Krushna

And also logged below error in Event viewer:

Initialization error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.100.10.149:12000

Server stack trace:
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#lGc()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Service.ReallyStart()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.PhysicalServiceBase.ServiceFunctions.#nic(IService service)
Retrying in 30 seconds

Hi,

What are you doing when you get that error? Or that is a firewall problem or the service that you trying to contact is not up? what machine is that one? do you have a web farm? plz give us all the information that you have so we can help you in a better way

Regards,

Marcelo

Krushna,

An OutSystems environment is comprise of three kinds of servers:

• one server running the Deployment Controller service (usually called the Controller server);
  • one or more servers running the Deployment service (called te Front-Ends) and;
  • a Database server.

All Front-Ends need to be able to communicate to the Controller server on the Deployment Controller service's port (by default 12000).

The error you are getting (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.100.10.149:12000) means that your Front-End is trying to contact the Controller server (on IP 10.100.10.149), but the latter is explicitly blocking calls to its Controller service (this is usually the work of a Firewall somewhere between the Front-End and the Controller).

Please check that any firewalls/proxies you have configured allow communication from the Front-End servers to the Controller server on port 12000 (depending on where/how you have your firewall setup these could be multiple inbound/outbound rules).

If you do not have any firewalls/proxies between Controller and Front-Ends, this may be a configuration problem, so my suggestion would be to open the Configuration Tool on both Controller and Front-Ends and check that the configurations are similar in regards to what port the Deployment Controller service is running (the default is 12000, and that's what your Front-End server is currently using, from the error shown), and make sure that you restart your services afterwards (both on the Controller server and on the Front-End servers).

Hope this helps

Thanks Jorge for above information.

we do not have any firewalls/proxies between Controller and Front-Ends, so I have checked configuration as well still not able to connect deployment service, please check below Service center environment health:

Regards,

Krushna

Solution

Hi

The above issue has been resolved, it was causing because App pool is continuously stopping and blocking the deployment.

Regards,

Krushna 

Solution