I have version 11 of OutSystems.

I'm trying to create a mobile app, but the template doesn't show up when I try to create a new app...  It only shows Tablet and Universal.  I have downloaded "OutSystems Templates Mobile" from the forge and I even updated it but that didn't resolve the issue.  I've attached screenshot of what I see.

Thanks.

Hi sylvia an universal template will work at all the platform. They are responsive in nature.

Swatantra Kumar wrote:

Hi sylvia an universal template will work at all the platform. They are responsive in nature.


Thanks, Swatantra.  It did seem to work just fine.  Although I am unable to install and run the app on my Android.  My phone scans the barcode for the phone app and it prompts me to log in and I enter my developer credentials and then nothing...  I am only using the free license right now; is that restricting me from running the app on my phone?

so, the licensing issue. I guess no, but not sure.

Hi Sylvia,

Personal environments are able to generate and use mobile apps. What happens when you login into your app? Do you get any errors in Service Center?

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

Personal environments are able to generate and use mobile apps. What happens when you login into your app? Do you get any errors in Service Center?

I found my problem Afonso.  I didn't have a phone template in my Outsystems environment (which is why I began this post).  So, I ended up using the Universal template instead.  I was following a tutorial (Mobile Plugins Lab - QR Code Scanner Exercise).  What I guess happened is that the Universal template sets you up initially with a home screen and then it had MainFlow_Phone and MainFlow_Tablet entries that it created also.  When I ran the app, the default home screen is what I was seeing.  I went back to the app and deleted the default home screen, the MainFlow_Phone and Mainflow_Tablet items and then modified my module so that its default screen was the one I created in the tutorial.

I guess you use the Universal Template when you need the app to run on a Phone or a Tablet.

I'm still not sure why I don't have a mobile template but that can wait for now.

Appreciate the support from both of you!


Glad to hear it Sylvia. 

If you want to check out the other templates, try to force a publish of the OutSystems Templates Mobile application from your Service Center and see if that gets it to show up in Service Studio.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Glad to hear it Sylvia. 

If you want to check out the other templates, try to force a publish of the OutSystems Templates Mobile application from your Service Center and see if that gets it to show up in Service Studio.

Thanks, Afonso.  I have forced a publish (or an 'update') and it still doesn't show up.  I even went to the Service Center under Factory/Applications and deleted "Outsystems Screen Templates Mobile" and then re-installed the mobile template.  that didn't work either.  There's apparently something wrong in my dev environment....


Solution

Hi Sylvia,

Did you check on Service Center if the module Template_PhoneApp, under the OutSystems Templates Mobile is published correctly? If it has broken references, it will not show up on the create new app window.

You can try to delete the application on Service Center and download again on the Forge the last version compatible with your platform server.

My regards

Solution

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

Did you check on Service Center if the module Template_PhoneApp, under the OutSystems Templates Mobile is published correctly? If it has broken references, it will not show up on the create new app window.

You can try to delete the application on Service Center and download again on the Forge the last version compatible with your platform server.

My regards

Ok, I had an application called Outsystems UI Mobile in Service Center.  That contained OutsystemsUIMobile, Template_tablet and Template_Universal.  So, I deleted that application.  But I still had the OutSystems TEmplate Mobile.  So I deleted that too.  Then, I went back to forge and added "Outsystems Template Mobile" again.

Now, when I go to create a new application, I see Phone, Template, Universal, Top Menu, Side Menu and some others.  There's also a new one called "Reactive App".  The Reactive App wants me to upgrade my environment which I don't want to do right now. 

So, I guess I have what I want now.  Thanks for your help Dinis!


Great to know it solved the problem.

Reactive apps are one of the big news announced just a couple of days ago at NextStep, you can see more about it on this forum post.

My regards

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Great to know it solved the problem.

Reactive apps are one of the big news announced just a couple of days ago at NextStep, you can see more about it on this forum post.

My regards

Ah.  Thanks!  I'm anxious to try it out!