Enabling Scroll Bar in a disabled TextArea or Input Box

Hi,


     I have Textarea and as read only. I noticed scroll bar is also disabled along with it. I want to scroll and read the content. Is there any way to enable the scroll bar in a disabled Text Area. Please let me know


Thanks

Sankari

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Hi,


     I have Textarea and as read only. I noticed scroll bar is also disabled along with it. I want to scroll and read the content. Is there any way to enable the scroll bar in a disabled Text Area. Please let me know


Thanks

Sankari

Hi,

I think you need to know the readonly property by javasrcript or jQuery.

See next exemple: https://jsfiddle.net/Chouchen/x9RJu/

Joao Branco



João Branco wrote:

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Hi,


     I have Textarea and as read only. I noticed scroll bar is also disabled along with it. I want to scroll and read the content. Is there any way to enable the scroll bar in a disabled Text Area. Please let me know


Thanks

Sankari

Hi,

I think you need to know the readonly property by javasrcript or jQuery.

See next exemple: https://jsfiddle.net/Chouchen/x9RJu/

Joao Branco




Hi,

     Iam actually using Input box to act as Text Area. I just set the property Enabled false. It disabled including scroll bar also. Iam not sure how to implement your solution in outsystems?. Can you pls guide me more.


Fixed this by using Expression within a container instead of Input Box. Thanks

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Fixed this by using Expression within a container instead of Input Box. Thanks


Nice! :)

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Fixed this by using Expression within a container instead of Input Box. Thanks

Hi Sankareswari,

I also tried placing an expression within a container but it is not scrolling for me.  How did you do it ?

Cheers, Richard

Richard Pearce wrote:

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Fixed this by using Expression within a container instead of Input Box. Thanks

Hi Sankareswari,

I also tried placing an expression within a container but it is not scrolling for me.  How did you do it ?

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard,

Add class in a container and apply some CSS on the Screen Level.

Please refer below screen shots



CSS Style :

div.ex1 {
  background-color: lightblue;
  width: 450px;
  height: 200px;
  overflow: scroll;
}

https://vermaamit52.outsystemscloud.com/Utilities/ScrollBarScreen.aspx?_ts=637062163151711303

Hope this will help :)

Thanks,

Amit

Amit Verma wrote:

Richard Pearce wrote:

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Fixed this by using Expression within a container instead of Input Box. Thanks

Hi Sankareswari,

I also tried placing an expression within a container but it is not scrolling for me.  How did you do it ?

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard,

Add class in a container and apply some CSS on the Screen Level.

Please refer below screen shots



CSS Style :

div.ex1 {
  background-color: lightblue;
  width: 450px;
  height: 200px;
  overflow: scroll;
}

https://vermaamit52.outsystemscloud.com/Utilities/ScrollBarScreen.aspx?_ts=637062163151711303

Hope this will help :)

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks Amit.

The answer for me was to add the 'overflow' property.

Cheers, Richard.