Forum enhancements

Forum enhancements

Hello,

I'd like to suggest the following forum enhancements:
- Ability to watch a topic or forum - the user subscribes to a thread or forum and receives email notifications when new posts are submitted, even though he's not included in the thread
- Displaying the "New" indication only in topics/posts that really have new posts unread by the user
- When replying to a post, the entire thread (or at least the last 5 posts) should be visible, so you can re-check on other user's posts
- Ability to format text (bold, italic, color, lists/bullets) and create links
- By default, the "Watch this topic" checkbox could be checked
- The "Preview" is ignoring line breaks

Best regards,
FS
Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your suggestions. We've implemented your suggestion for the watch topic and we've fixed some issues associated with the email tracking of topics. These changes will go online next week or so.

Your other suggestions were added to our backlog.

As for formatting text the you can already use < b >, < i >, < pre > and < a > tags if you wish.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

Can the FCK component be added to the forum, only with the allowed tags?
Hi Fernando,

That is a great idea, we'll take a look into FCK in the future. For now, based on your feedback, we've already fixed some issues and added some small enhancements to the editing of posts (enhanced post preview, reply topic text visible, prevention of double posting on browser refresh, email tracking of posts) that we will be rolling out sometime next week.

Thanks,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

Thank you for your feedback.

It looks like the notifications are already working, but I received 5 emails related to this topic.
Hi Fernando,

Thanks. That was another issue (subscribers were receiving an email every time the post was edited) that we have fixed and it should go live next week.

Thanks,
Tiago Simões