Hi,

In my screen I have two links which redirect to same screen only input parameters change. I have made the screens as popup.

Now from my main screen i want to open these popups can I use single popup editor for two different link ids.

Please help with this.

Hi Smriti,

What kind of different Ids are you talking about? Different of the same Data Type, or different as in two different Data Types?

What problem are you facing currently, what exactly do you want to know?

Hi, 

You have to create a new link to popup with the same Destination but with another identifier.

Hope it helps.

Smriti Asthana wrote:

Hi,

In my screen I have two links which redirect to same screen only input parameters change. I have made the screens as popup.

Now from my main screen i want to open these popups can I use single popup editor for two different link ids.

Please help with this.

Hello Smriti.

If I understood it correctly, you are trying to avoid using two Popup Editor Widgets. You are trying to use only one to open popups from different links.

From what I understand from popups, you can't do that, because the popup must be related to one, and only one button or link id. And that button/link must use the navigate method.

I think you should use two popup editor widgets, one for each link. I see no problem in doing that.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Smriti,

What kind of different Ids are you talking about? Different of the same Data Type, or different as in two different Data Types?

I am talking about link ids. I am using 2 popup editors for 2 links can i use one?

Smriti Asthana wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Smriti,

I am talking about link ids. I am using 2 popup editors for 2 links can i use one?

Hi Smriti,

you can't use same id's for two popup screen. But you can have one screen for two links. Since, ID is unique in a DOM. I hope that could be answer of your question.

Cheers...

Rohan Hanumante wrote:

Smriti Asthana wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Smriti,

Hi Smriti,

you can't use same id's for two popup screen. But you can have one screen for two links. Since, ID is unique in a DOM. I hope that could be answer of your question.

Cheers...

Hi,

The 2 links i am using are redirecting to same screen. the links have different ids. 

If you want to have both links active and visible at the same time, you will need 2 pop up editor widgets.

If you only have 1 link available at a given time you could use 1 link and therefore 1 pop up editor. The input parameter could be variable using an if.

So it depends on what you want to do, but: 

2 links means 2 pop up editors.

Smriti Asthana wrote:

Rohan Hanumante wrote:

Smriti Asthana wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Smriti,

Hi Smriti,

Cheers...

Hi,

The 2 links i am using are redirecting to same screen. the links have different ids. 

Then you have to use two different popup editors..... 

Solution

I think the terminology gets a bit confused here. A pop-up is just a Web Screen that displays as an overlay on the current Screen. If you supply the right Input Parameters, you can display different data, and even have a (slightly) different layout, just like with a normal Web Screen.

Then there's the RichWidgets Popup_Editor Web Block. This is, ultimately, a piece of JavaScript that allows a Link to open in a pop-up. It's linked to the Link or Button via its "LinkOrButtonWidgetId" Property. If you have two different Links, you need two different Popup_Editors, but both Links could point to the same Web Screen. There's really no reason to want to use a single Popup_Editor Web Block.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I think the terminology gets a bit confused here. A pop-up is just a Web Screen that displays as an overlay on the current Screen. If you supply the right Input Parameters, you can display different data, and even have a (slightly) different layout, just like with a normal Web Screen.

Then there's the RichWidgets Popup_Editor Web Block. This is, ultimately, a piece of JavaScript that allows a Link to open in a pop-up. It's linked to the Link or Button via its "LinkOrButtonWidgetId" Property. If you have two different Links, you need two different Popup_Editors, but both Links could point to the same Web Screen. There's really no reason to want to use a single Popup_Editor Web Block.

Thanks Kilian

You're most welcome! Happy coding :)