Create a file in server path

Hi All,

I have create file in filesystem server path.

Can you let me which path will be the right one to create a file in Windows server.

I was making use of default log path directory but it was ending up with an error.

Looking forward for your help on this.

Thanks in advance

Ajithkumar Radhakrishnan wrote:

Hi All,

I have create file in filesystem server path.

Can you let me which path will be the right one to create a file in Windows server.

I was making use of default log path directory but it was ending up with an error.

Looking forward for your help on this.

Thanks in advance

I think this could be interesting for you

How to upload a file to a particular folder (particular path) in server ?

I sugest being carefull with uploading files to the server. Outsystems is designed to be able to be fully scalable and redundant with a load balancer and multiple front end servers in production. 

However if you upload files directly to the server you will have problems if you ever use more than one server as a file will be saved randomly on only one of the servers and when you try to access the file it may not be on the particular server receving the request.

Instead I sugest saving the file either in a database (not ideal) or better still on an external storage system such as a file share, Azure storage account, AWS S3 account etc.

John Williams wrote:

I sugest being carefull with uploading files to the server. Outsystems is designed to be able to be fully scalable and redundant with a load balancer and multiple front end servers in production. 

However if you upload files directly to the server you will have problems if you ever use more than one server as a file will be saved randomly on only one of the servers and when you try to access the file it may not be on the particular server receving the request.

Instead I sugest saving the file either in a database (not ideal) or better still on an external storage system such as a file share, Azure storage account, AWS S3 account etc.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I have defined zone for the application so that the application runs only on one front end server.

So now I have a requirement to create a file in server path.

Current I was making use of default log path directory but it was ending up with an error.

Any idea on this which path can i make use of.

Hi Ajithkumar,

When reporting errors, please always specify what error you get!

Also note that OutSystems applications run on IIS, using a specific IIS user. Very likely, that user does not have the permissions to create files on the local hard disk other than in the IIS directory. If you are using an on-premise server, you can specify a Run As user in Service Center, which will replace the default user. Thus you can grant permissions for that user (on the server) so you can create files.