Redirecting The to same page itself.

I am trying to troubleshoot the page named 'wl_applicationstatus'. After loading this, one of the events gets triggered which redirects the page to itself. I was trying but I didn't get any success. Here I attached HAR file. please find that.

Hi Vishal,

I really haven't got a clue what you're trying to achieve, and I don't know what a "HAR" file is. What are you developing, a mobile app or a web app? What kind of event is "triggered" and how? What exactly did you try?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Vishal,

I really haven't got a clue what you're trying to achieve, and I don't know what a "HAR" file is. What are you developing, a mobile app or a web app? What kind of event is "triggered" and how? What exactly did you try?

Hi Kilian,

I am developing a web-app in OutSystems 10. On the page mentioned above, we used one web block. If we remove that web block, it will work fine. But if we add this web block, then the page will redirect itself on the same and finally goes to Internal Server Error Page. To Find, I applied breakpoints on the preparation of that web block. The debugger cannot reach that point. It only debugs the actions on the page not on the web block.

So my first question is 'can we debug the code inside web block' or the second question is why this weird situation occurs on that page so it redirects itself.

The HAR is a network log. You can import this file in Google Chrome to see the HTTP requests to the server. In that you can the page 'wl_applicationstatus' and its error.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the additional information. First, I'd advise you to check the error logs in Service Center, perhaps they can give you a more detailed error. Secondly, if the Preperation of the Block itself isn't reached, something else must go wrong before the Block is called, and since it works without the Block, perhaps it's in the Input Parameters of the Block?

As for your questions, yes, it's perfectly possible to debug code inside a Block. There are no restrictions to that that I know of. As for why the page "redirects itself" I don't know.

The error logs are 

[1] Error Deserializing ViewState
   at ssWL_CM_CommonUI.Flows.FlowNew.WBlkwb_cardoptions_new.FetchViewState()
   at ssWL_CM_CommonUI.Flows.FlowNew.WBlkwb_cardoptions_new.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.OSUserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[2] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ssWL_CM_CommonUI.Flows.FlowNew.WBlkwb_cardoptions_new.recTableAUTableRecords_Restore()
   at ssWL_CM_CommonUI.Flows.FlowNew.WBlkwb_cardoptions_new.FetchViewState()

Mmm, that's pretty weird errors, though it confirms it's the Block that causes the problems. Is the Block in the same Module (eSpace)? If not, you could try to republish its Module, and then again the main Module.

Hello Vishal,

Could you provide an oml? I'd like to investigate this issue as well.

Kind regards,
Glenn