Cannot generate pages with entity that deosn't have a text attribute

Hello everyone, I hope you'll having a great day,

Why can't I auto-generate a page of an entity that doesn't have a text attribute?

I have an entity that doesn't have a text attribute, as soon as I add one, it lets me auto-generate.

After adding a Text Field:

Does anyone know why does this happen ?

Thank you very much.

Good question. I'll ask around.

Solution

Ok, I got word from OutSystems it has always been like this, and nobody really knows why :). But chances are, it'll change for scaffolding Reactive Web Apps.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Ok, I got word from OutSystems it has always been like this, and nobody really knows why :). But chances are, it'll change for scaffolding Reactive Web Apps.

Thank you for the quick feedback! 

You're most welcome, and thanks for bringing this to my attention :).

Hi all,

You can currently not schafold an entity to a detail and list screen for reactive web applications.

For traditional web applications it is easy to workaround the current limitation by adding a text attribute as one of the first 4 attributes. Then do the schafolding and afterwards remove the text attribute from the entity, and it's references in the schafolding list and detail screen.

Regards,

Daniel

@Daniël: schaffolding for Reactive Web Apps is in the works, that's why I said "it'll [possibly] change for scaffolding Reactive Web Apps".

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

@Daniël: schaffolding for Reactive Web Apps is in the works, that's why I said "it'll [possibly] change for scaffolding Reactive Web Apps".

Great! I misread your comment as something you where just hoping for, but it is great to know that it is on the roadmap. Exicting times!