Using Google Maps by Address field? 
Question

HI, I am trying to use google maps in my web app to display an address.The lat long works perfectly but when i send "cityname, statename, countryname", it doesn't show any result. 

So,Address Map =>works perfect (takes lat and long)

Maps=> doesnt work.

ankit raj wrote:

glenn michiels wrote:

ankit raj wrote:

HI, I am trying to use google maps in my web app to display an address.The lat long works perfectly but when i send "cityname, statename, countryname", it doesn't show any result. 

Maps=> doesnt work.

Hi Ankit,

If I'm reading your question correctly you'd like to give in an adress and have it show on a google map?

Yes. When i use the Address Map feature, i get the map rendered with the pinpoint address because it accepts lat and long.

But i want the normal map feature which takes address as a string. 

Hi Ankit,

In attachment you'll find an example of how to add adresses to a google maps using the normal map and a text-based adress.

Just replace the GoogleAPI site property with your API-Key and it should work.

Kind regards,
Glenn

GoogleMapsexample.oml

Hi Ankit,

Can you please attach OML

ankit raj wrote:

Maps=> doesnt work.

Hi Ankit,

If I'm reading your question correctly you'd like to give in an adress and have it show on a google map?

glenn michiels wrote:

ankit raj wrote:

Maps=> doesnt work.

Hi Ankit,

Yes. When i use the Address Map feature, i get the map rendered with the pinpoint address because it accepts lat and long.

ankit raj wrote:

glenn michiels wrote:

ankit raj wrote:

Maps=> doesnt work.

Hi Ankit,

Hi Ankit,

In attachment you'll find an example of how to add adresses to a google maps using the normal map and a text-based adress.

Just replace the GoogleAPI site property with your API-Key and it should work.

Kind regards,
Glenn

GoogleMapsexample.oml

This does not work. I used my API key to produce app, the entered the address in the field, but the app does nothing

Is there an specific format in which the address needs to be entered? can you give me an example to test?

Thanks,

Gozalo

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.