Session Expires but did not Logout

Hi Team,

I am experiencing this problem in my web application. My application did not logout after being idle for more than 20 minutes but the sessions where cleared. 

Is there a way to fix this

Thanks

Regards,

Nhorwin

Hi Nhorwin John,

Normally you will be logged out when you try to execute the first request (e.g. clicking a button or a link) after being idle for more than 20 minutes.

Did you try that?

If not, your session timeout is not set to the default 20 minutes (for ASP.NET).

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nhorwin,

      This may help you,

Session Time out will work once we try to access the Application after Idle time, it will redirect to login.

To make this happen automatically, we implemented a java script on out layout module to check the idle time out on a short interval once the idle time out exceeds, with the help on java script we trigger an action to make the application to redirect login page automatically.


Think this can be handle via Factory Configuration but i didn't use this.


Thanks,

Manikandan K


  

Nhorwin John Villano wrote:

Hi Team,

I am experiencing this problem in my web application. My application did not logout after being idle for more than 20 minutes but the sessions where cleared. 

Is there a way to fix this

Thanks

Regards,

Nhorwin

Hi,


I think so in your login screen Remember Login Local Variable Default Value is set to True . So that is why your application is not logout.


Regards,

Manthan Shah.


Hi Nhrowin,

What Manthan says above. It logs you out, but logs in automatically on the first request, so you won't notice.

Please note that because of the fact the session was expired and the user was logged out, the session has also been cleared. So, while it seems like nothing has happened, you cannot rely on the session variables that you have set before the session timeout.

Regards,
Lennart

Hello, Nhorwin

If you are looking for a way to change the timeout on your session, check Edu's post here:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/34538/change-login-session-timeout/#Post121844

Regards,

Sam

Lennart Kraak wrote:

Hi Nhrowin,

What Manthan says above. It logs you out, but logs in automatically on the first request, so you won't notice.

Please note that because of the fact the session was expired and the user was logged out, the session has also been cleared. So, while it seems like nothing has happened, you cannot rely on the session variables that you have set before the session timeout.

Regards,
Lennart

Hi,


I also means session logs out but when you press a link or button on the page it logs back you in and you can see the page.


Regards,

Manthan Shah.


Manikandan K wrote:

Hi Nhorwin,

      This may help you,

Session Time out will work once we try to access the Application after Idle time, it will redirect to login.

To make this happen automatically, we implemented a java script on out layout module to check the idle time out on a short interval once the idle time out exceeds, with the help on java script we trigger an action to make the application to redirect login page automatically.


Think this can be handle via Factory Configuration but i didn't use this.


Thanks,

Manikandan K


  


Hi Manikandan, 


Could you please elaborate the java script implementation.

I tried writitng setTimeout javascript function on load of the module but doesn't works fine.


Thanks,

Neha Agrawal