.ipa file will not install on iOS

Hi all,

Managed to generate an .ipa file from Outsystems. Scanned the link via iPhone and it prompted me to install. Once install button is clicked, the app is "being downloaded" with a waiting indicator.

I chose App Store distribution type. Could that be the reason? No other errors present.

Hi,

• AppStore Distribution Provisioning Profile is required to distribute the app on Appstore.
  • You can build the same using the Adhoc Distribution Provisioning Profile

Before you proceed for Adhoc Build make sure to :

1. Add your Device in the Devices List.
  2. Create an Adhoc Distribution Provisioning Profile.
  3. Check all the Devices listed.
  4. Sign with the Distribution Certificate, and Adhoc Profile.
  5. Create Adhoc Build, create IPA, and install.

Visit Apple Doc for more information.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi,

• AppStore Distribution Provisioning Profile is required to distribute the app on Appstore.
  • You can build the same using the Adhoc Distribution Provisioning Profile

Before you proceed for Adhoc Build make sure to :

1. Add your Device in the Devices List.
  2. Create an Adhoc Distribution Provisioning Profile.
  3. Check all the Devices listed.
  4. Sign with the Distribution Certificate, and Adhoc Profile.
  5. Create Adhoc Build, create IPA, and install.

Visit Apple Doc for more information.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Hi,

I see. That does make sense, but is it the real culprit? Anyone had any similar issue before? Because the ability to scan the QR and directly install it on the devices is as if it can be used right away

Hi, vnf

The QR code is the installation link of your app to be used by the device that reads it. When you compile the app you must use a .mobileprovisions file with your device UUID for the installation to be allowed. And also, for debug purposes, the compilation is made using the Development build type. If all this checks up, in theory, you should be able to open the installed app.

Regards,

Sam

Hi, vnf.

As assif_tiger wrote, AppStore Distribution Provisioning Profile is required to distribute the app on Appstore. As we can see, your intention is to test the app (eg. for a debug purpose). So, the correct provisioning profile is the "Adhoc Distribution Provisioning Profile". To do that, follow the instructs above shared by Samuel Neves, including your device UUID in the process of the generation the provisioning profile.

Some time ago I made a step by step video to create this key, for those who use Windows OS, with OpenSSL: Maybe it's can help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6lJNlzUc4E

Regards,

BN

If I choose iOS development profile, can I use it on more than 100 devices?

How do we use testflight in this case?

Hi vnf,

btw you should ask a new question in a separate thread.

perhaps here's something will help you:

https://reinteractive.com/posts/344-how-to-upload-your-ios-app-to-testflight-for-distribution-beta

Vnf,

Before creating additional threads, make sure you are creating your certificate file correctly.

Follow the steps here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Generate_and_Distribute_Your_Mobile_App/More_Information_on_Generating_and_Distributing_Mobile_Apps#create-a-certicate

And the .mobileprovisions file will hold the UUIDs of the devices the app will be usable on, only!

For compilation you can follow the steps here:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Generate_and_Distribute_Your_Mobile_App/Generate_and_Publish_Your_Mobile_App_to_the_Mobile_App_Stores#Generate_the_iOS_App_Package_(IPA)

Hi vnf,

Did you manage to solve the issue? I am facing the same issue. I enrolled for the Apple Developer Program and I created the iOS development certificate and iOS development provisioning profile. I was able to generate the iOS App in Outsystems and download the .ipa file. When I try to open the .ipa file it opens a blank screen.

Would you please let me know if you have found a solution.

Thanks,

Meria