Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2019-08-14 by Hugo 
3 votes
Published on 2019-08-14 by Hugo 

Good morning, when I give permission to use the camera the background stays black. I need to close the app and open it again. Anyone knows a solution for this problem?

Hey Diogo, 

Can you share a sample having that issue? We want to understand if it's a plugin problem or a "system" problem as, for instance, having the camera "locked" in a different application.

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hey Diogo, 

Can you share a sample having that issue? We want to understand if it's a plugin problem or a "system" problem as, for instance, having the camera "locked" in a different application.

Cheers!

My problem here is, when I give permissions to the camera, the onReady are already disputed and it's there where I use the GetDeviceSize and StartCameraPreview

Solution

Hi Diogo

I also had this problem, what I did was:

Before calling the StartCameraPreview or the GetDeviceSize, I'm checking if the app has permission to use the Camera, if true I show a block where I have all the logic (StartCameraPreview, GetDeviceSize....).

If the app doesn't have permission I ask to give permission, If the permission was not granted the block is not rendered.

To check if the app has permission to use the Camera I'm using that plugin.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1916/diagnostic-plugin

Solution

Joel Simoes wrote:

Hi Diogo

I also had this problem, what I did was:

Before calling the StartCameraPreview or the GetDeviceSize, I'm checking if the app has permission to use the Camera, if true I show a block where I have all the logic (StartCameraPreview, GetDeviceSize....).

If the app doesn't have permission I ask to give permission, If the permission was not granted the block is not rendered.

To check if the app has permission to use the Camera I'm using that plugin.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1916/diagnostic-plugin

Thanks, that plugin will help a lot !