Becoming a Reactive Web Developer - Blocks Exercise

Working on the last module of the Becoming a ReactiveWeb Developer - Blocks Exercise, the last section of thePDF Triggering and Handling Events cannot get twothings to work:

1.  Cannot place a dropdown widget in a container on theEmployeeDetail block.

2.  The UpdateEmployee Client Action not updating thedepartment attribute (field) in the EmployeeDetail block.  I did the exercise twice with the sameresults.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim Mueller.

Hi James,

I did this exercise without any problem

1 - Why can't you place the dropdown? What you see on the service studio?

2 - This will only work after you have the dropdown. Do you have the correct variable in dropdown? are you saving the correct record on Employee_Update.

I attached my solution of this exercise.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi James,

I did this exercise without any problem

1 - Why can't you place the dropdown? What you see on the service studio?

2 - This will only work after you have the dropdown. Do you have the correct variable in dropdown? are you saving the correct record on Employee_Update.

I attached my solution of this exercise.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

I will give it another go and see what I was missing.

Thanks, Jim.

Hi Marcelo, the same thing happens to me I did everything that is in the problem, the block combo is updated, but the list on the left is not updated, I downloaded the file you passed, and I see that if it is updated, I do not know I'm doing wrong or I still have to configure.

best regards

Solution

Maroan Morales wrote:

Hi Marcelo, the same thing happens to me I did everything that is in the problem, the block combo is updated, but the list on the left is not updated, I downloaded the file you passed, and I see that if it is updated, I do not know I'm doing wrong or I still have to configure.

best regards

Hi Marcelo

I arrived to solve. it was one of the points that you said. the variable in dropdown that was wrong referenced

thanks

Solution

Hi Maroan,

Good to know you found the solution.

Regards,

Marcelo