I'm new to Outsystems and on Version 11.  I am going through training of mobile architecture and how to identify the different modules of your application across the 4 different layers. I was looking at the sample architecture below presented in the tech talks and wanted to know how these modules should be packaged into applications? Assume I only have a mobile application (and no web app), in that case do i need to create a separate application for all the mobile modules as shown in blue layer and separate application to package all the core and integration services? Will these be deployed separately?

If I put all of the modules (including mobile modules for local syn and services) into 1 mobile application does Outsystems somehow detect the mobile modules and package them separately into apk?

Hello Nikhil,

Please see my responses below

Assume I only have a mobile application (and no web app), in that case do i need to create a separate application for all the mobile modules as shown in blue layer and separate application to package all the core and integration services?

If you want just one application for all modules you can do so, but you would have to place all the mobile screens for all the modules in one e-space, this is kind of limitation with mobile applications. You can further segregate them by placing screens in separate UI Flows. You can go even further i.e. create web blocks for screen contents, place them in separate e-spaces and use them in your screens. For core and integration services you can keep them in separate application and within that application segregate the module specific stuff into separate e-spaces.

Will these be deployed separately?

If it is single application containing all modules, then they all would be deployed together i.e. single native app would be generated, deployed and installed.

If I put all of the modules (including mobile modules for local syn and services) into 1 mobile application does Outsystems somehow detect the mobile modules and package them separately into apk?

I don't think so, OutSystems would not be able to figure that out.

Thanks,

Junaid

Does it mean even the integration services as shown in picture eg. ERP_IS will get packaged into the mobile app? Doesnt outsystems only package the modules added as dependency to the mobile app? If i add all the modules in the pciture that have an extension _MCS and _Mth as dependency to HomeBanking Espace which has all screens, then the generated mobile app will only have those modules? The remaining services i assume should get published in the cloud?

nikhil enmudi wrote:

Does it mean even the integration services as shown in picture eg. ERP_IS will get packaged into the mobile app? Doesnt outsystems only package the modules added as dependency to the mobile app? If i add all the modules in the pciture that have an extension _MCS and _Mth as dependency to HomeBanking Espace which has all screens, then the generated mobile app will only have those modules? The remaining services i assume should get published in the cloud?

This all depends on your requirement. If I am going to use my _MCS and _Mth in other mobile or web applications too, then I would keep them in separate OutSystems application and add their dependency in my application. Similarly the _IS should also go into separate OutSystems application as they are also being apparently used by Online Bank web application too in your picture.

With above segregation, your mobile application would then be packaged with these dependencies.