Integration Studio Convert SQL Decimal Fields to Text Datatype

Hi,

Why does Integration Studio convert decimal datatype fields from External SQL Database into Text datatype in Outsystems?

See the attached screenshot for exampe.

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Reason: Decimal places cannot be over 8 digits.

The most likely reason for that is the accuracy of the Decimal datatype in OutSystems. It supports until 8 decimal digits and your fields in SQL have 20 decimal digits. Try to reduce the number precision to 8 digits and try if the Integration studio will import them correctly.

On this link has the details about the numbers precision in OutSystems (C#): 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Data_Types/Available_Data_Types 

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

Why does Integration Studio convert decimal datatype fields from External SQL Database into Text datatype in Outsystems?

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Rossi wrote:

The most likely reason for that is the accuracy of the Decimal datatype in OutSystems. It supports until 8 decimal digits and your fields in SQL have 20 decimal digits. Try to reduce the number precision to 8 digits and try if the Integration studio will import them correctly.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Data_Types/Available_Data_Types 

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rossi,

Thanks for the answer, it might be the case but sadly I can't modify the SQL Tables as it belongs to my client. If i override the conversion to decimal, will it have any impact?

Having decimal data type sometimes make a trouble. In my project, i prefer double, instead of decimal in the physical table design, and change Outsystems datatype to currency.

regards

Hi Kevin,

I think you can switch to Decimal having no issues, unless you need more than 8 decimal places which doesn't make so much sense only if you are doing scientific calculations.

The fields will be cut to 8 decimal places: 9,12345678 instead of having 20 decimal places:  9,12345678901234567890.

Kevin Wie wrote:

Rossi wrote:

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rossi,

Thanks for the answer, it might be the case but sadly I can't modify the SQL Tables as it belongs to my client. If i override the conversion to decimal, will it have any impact?