TextToDecimal Returns 0 In QA and Production Environment

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a text type field into decimal with an example value "9000000000,0000"

This works in Development environment, however in QA and Production it's always return 0.

I did try replacing the "," into "." but it still return 0.

Have anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Kevin,

Could you provide more details like the operation you are performing, the sample input and output values? Are you using same input-output in QA and production as well?

Thanks,

Junaid

Junaid Ahmed Syed wrote:

Hello Kevin,

Could you provide more details like the operation you are performing, the sample input and output values? Are you using same input-output in QA and production as well?

Thanks,

Junaid

Hello Junaid,

I fetched data from external SQL DB to be inserted in Outsystems table through Integration Studio where some Decimal field get converted to Text by the Integration Studio. In the Insert process I used the TextToDecimal function to convert the Text field that contains value into decimal field in my tables. 

In dev environment, there is no problem on this logic, the value got converted normally from text to decimal.

But in QA and Production environment (QA and Production Environment is On-Premise), the conversion function return the value 0. After some workaround on the logic I found out the issue was in the decimal separator in the value, example: "9000000000,0000" where it uses "," as the decimal separator and not ".".

I'm confused as why it only happens on QA and Production Environment when I deploy the same logic from Dev environment up to Production.

Glad to know that you figured out the issue. This could be because of the default site property defined for Decimal Separator. Apparently the value of it was different in DEV from QA or PROD.

Junaid Ahmed Syed wrote:

Glad to know that you figured out the issue. This could be because of the default site property defined for Decimal Separator. Apparently the value of it was different in DEV from QA or PROD.

Where can I find the setting for this?

Hi Kevin Wie,,

You can find and update the Site Property value via Service Center.

Under the Application Module in which you declared.

think above image will help you

Regards,

Manikandan K

In service center, under factory tab, select your e-space, there is a tab for Site Properties