Reative Web How do I create Popup Form to enter new record?

I have a form with a table records.  I would like to be able to use a popup to add a new record.   I have gotten as far as creating the popup with a form on it.  I have the variable to open and close Popup from my add new record button.  It opens the form without a problem and my save button on Popup closes the form again no problem.  How do I save the record?  I have save action set but it is not saving the record......or it is somewhere that I dont know of......  I am just learning......Ant assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I have used Popups in Web app without issue.  But I'm missing something in Reactive Web

Hi Robert,

On the popup you will need a button, set the text in the button to "Save", then right click and create a new client action for it.

In the client action use the <Entity>CreateOrUpdate or the <Enitity>Create CRUD action to save the record you edited on the screen.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Robert,

On the popup you will need a button, set the text in the button to "Save", then right click and create a new client action for it.

In the client action use the <Entity>CreateOrUpdate or the <Enitity>Create CRUD action to save the record you edited on the screen.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

I have gotten that far.....  I think the problem is passing the information from the parent form.   I have save button on form.  In the action I have the create or update record  and the assign to swith my variable and a screen refresh.  I am having real troubles :)   

robert rough wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Robert,

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

I have gotten that far.....  I think the problem is passing the information from the parent form.   I have save button on form.  In the action I have the create or update record  and the assign to swith my variable and a screen refresh.  I am having real troubles :)   

Switch

Popup

Container

Form with one input field and three buttons  cancel  save + new and save + close

Save Action  create or update  / refresh & Assign to set my local variable that opens and closes popup to false