What is the "escape tenant"?

Hi, all.

Could anyone explain what the "escpe_tenant" is?

When I was looking at the Logic of User_Login, there was a GetUser aggregate and filtered "escape_tenant".

I'm not really sure what the "escape_tenant" is...

I'm not really sure what the "tenant" is, either....

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno Gonçalves wrote:

Take a look at:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26439/tenants/

Thank you for your reply.

I've already watched this page and didn't really get what the "Escape_Tenant" is...

It's mentioned in the class "Master Class on Multi-Tenancy"?

Thank you.

Solution

Hi Yukiya Miyamoto,

You can learn more about Multi Tenancy in OutSystems on the online masterclass, evaluation guide and documentation to understand what a tenant is and how multi-tenancy is implemented in OutSystems. 

Until you're more comfortable with Multi-Tenancy in OutSystems, you probably should not be exploring those nitty-gritty details of the system's Users application... ?? What made you open the Users module in the first place?

The entity you mention is Espace_Tenant, that maps Service Studio modules to the tenant they belong to, and is used in that Aggregate to restrict the list of users that can login to your application to the ones belonging to the right tenant.

Hope this helps!

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Yukiya Miyamoto,

You can learn more about Multi Tenancy in OutSystems on the online masterclass, evaluation guide and documentation to understand what a tenant is and how multi-tenancy is implemented in OutSystems. 

Until you're more comfortable with Multi-Tenancy in OutSystems, you probably should not be exploring those nitty-gritty details of the system's Users application... ?? What made you open the Users module in the first place?

The entity you mention is Espace_Tenant, that maps Service Studio modules to the tenant they belong to, and is used in that Aggregate to restrict the list of users that can login to your application to the ones belonging to the right tenant.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply, Jorge Martins.

I'll take a look these documents you showed me.

In the first place, I need  to implement the my own authentication action.

I wanted to follow the original Login flow beside the specific authentication logic, so I was looking at the Users application.

oh,,,,I was reading incorrectly...

Sorry for confusing you...

Anyway thank you for your help!