Hi,

Previously, we have this:

How can I do this on RWA? Was searching the System and Richwidget stuff but can't find it. Is there a new way to do this?

Use case is, I have a static record and will tie an image or icon to it. So that it can be changed in the future if needed.

Regards,

JC

Hi Juan,

I would make a copy of the RichWidgets static entity to another module and expose a web block that has that static entity identifier as a parameter. In that block I would use a hidden icon widget (to import fontawesome CSS) and then would use an HTML widget with a custom css class to show an icon dynamically based on the static Id sent in the parameter. You might need a bit of chrome inspection to understand how icons are done and to replicate that.

(if you already have data it might be easier to reuse richwidgets static entity instead of creating a copy)

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Hi,

The static entity was and is still in RichWidgets:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

The static entity was and is still in RichWidgets:

Hi Daniel,

Saw this one. I was just wondering if this is the same entity referring to the icons used in the new OutSystems UI that is why I am hesitant to use this at first. Will check more.

Cheers,

JC

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Juan,

I would make a copy of the RichWidgets static entity to another module and expose a web block that has that static entity identifier as a parameter. In that block I would use a hidden icon widget (to import fontawesome CSS) and then would use an HTML widget with a custom css class to show an icon dynamically based on the static Id sent in the parameter. You might need a bit of chrome inspection to understand how icons are done and to replicate that.

(if you already have data it might be easier to reuse richwidgets static entity instead of creating a copy)

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Hi Tiago,

Yes I have seen in the forums how was that implemented but haven't tried yet personally. I thought at first it was just the same implementation we had in the traditional where you can just tie the ids on to an entity and you'll have the icon.

Regards,

JC