How are User Entity and UserMT Entity related to each other?

Hi, all.

I need to implement a authentication tool and in that flow I need to make end-user login to the application.

If the user is not in the User Entity, I need to create the end-user by using the "CreateUser" Action.

What I want to asks is following, 

If I create the end-user in the User Entity with "CreateUser" Action, the user will be created in the UserMT Entity automatically?

If it's not automatically, where is the Logic?

I created some end-users with Windows authentication and I checked the end-user who was not originally in the User Entity seems to be created to the both User Entity and UserMT Entity.

But  I couldn't find the logic Using "CreateUserMT" Action.

Regards.

Solution

Hi,

UserMT is just a view over the User table. The difference is if you query User you will get only the users from the current tenant while UserMT will return all the users from all the tenants.

@Wen Kai plz try not mislead others.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

User entity holds all users but it is restricted on current Tenant (like all other entities)

CreateUser ==> creates a user for current Tenan

UserMT entity, is a multitenant view on the same physically table OSSYS_USER.

When you need to manage users on a more then 1 tenant use UserMT otherwise use the User entity.

More info about mutl-tenancy on this Masterclass on Multi-tenancy video.

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

UserMT is just a view over the User table. The difference is if you query User you will get only the users from the current tenant while UserMT will return all the users from all the tenants.

@Wen Kai plz try not mislead others.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thank you for your reply, Marcelo Ferreira.

I was confused why Multi-Tenant Entity has the crud Actions...

Anyway, I think I understood the differencies these Entities, thanks to your help.

Best Regards.

Matthias Preuter wrote:

User entity holds all users but it is restricted on current Tenant (like all other entities)

CreateUser ==> creates a user for current Tenan

UserMT entity, is a multitenant view on the same physically table OSSYS_USER.

When you need to manage users on a more then 1 tenant use UserMT otherwise use the User entity.

Thank you for your help.

I don't need to use Multi-Tenant on the current project.

I just use the User Entity!

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.