[BeaconsPlugin] Failed to generate mobile app with plugin

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-10-25 by Experts
3 votes
Published on 2017-10-25 by Experts

Hello everyone, after adding the plugin BeaconsPlugin dependency, I was unable to generate the mobile application installer.


Can someone help me?


Hello Murilo,

You can check if you have any unmanaged dependencies.

If all is right you can look at the lifetime.

This is a component for version 10, if using version 11 you may have some problems.

Roberto Almeida wrote:

Hello Murilo,

You can check if you have any unmanaged dependencies.

If all is right you can look at the lifetime.

This is a component for version 10, if using version 11 you may have some problems.

Hi Roberto, is an application that has only this dependency on beacons, and I'm doing it in my personal environment, ie outsystems 11.

Can you suggest me something else?


Hi Murilo,


You can get the detailed error from service center. Just navigate to your app and under "Native Platforms" you can download the detailed log:

It might give an hint regarding the problem.

Ivo

Ivo Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Murilo,


You can get the detailed error from service center. Just navigate to your app and under "Native Platforms" you can download the detailed log:

It might give an hint regarding the problem.

Ivo

Hi, I checked the log and couldn't find a solution.


Hi Murilo, 

I've looked at the log you attached, apparently the error is generated while the compilation is made, looks like a command is being considered as obsolete. But that is an inner error during compilation. You could certainly try to republish the plugin, refresh all consumer dependencies and try to generate the app again.

If that doesn't work, try to debug the plugin using some LogMessage action, in order to track the origin of the error. If there is one there.

I have worked in a mobile app using beacons and is currently working.

Moises Segovia wrote:

Hi Murilo, 

I've looked at the log you attached, apparently the error is generated while the compilation is made, looks like a command is being considered as obsolete. But that is an inner error during compilation. You could certainly try to republish the plugin, refresh all consumer dependencies and try to generate the app again.

If that doesn't work, try to debug the plugin using some LogMessage action, in order to track the origin of the error. If there is one there.

I have worked in a mobile app using beacons and is currently working.

I did this procedure but the failure still persists...


Hi Murilo,


This plugin won´t work because the Gradle build file (here) has to be updated. As the error message indicates it is using a deprecated config. 


I've tried changing the configurations but did not manage to make it work. 


If you wanna play with it you can fork the repo, change the Plugin excitability configs to use your forked repo, and then try your changes. If it work you can create a pull request.


IG

HI, Murilo!

Verify if you're using the most recent version of the plugin.


Best regards,

Leandro.

Solution

Hi Murilo,


As Ivo said, the best option right now would be creating a fork and changing the estimotesdk.gradle file located in plugin / src / android 


from

repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    flatDir {
        dirs 'libs'
    }
}
dependencies {
    compile(name:'estimote-sdk', ext:'aar')
}


to


repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    flatDir {
        dirs 'libs'
    }
}
dependencies {
    implementation(name:'estimote-sdk', ext:'aar')
}


At this point, it could already work, if it still doesn't, try to change the plugin.xml file, specifically the line 55, 

<resource-file src="libs/estimote-sdk.aar" target="libs/estimote-sdk.aar"/>

to

<source-file src="libs/estimote-sdk.aar" target-dir="libs" framework="true"/>


Hope this helps.


Solution

Moises Segovia wrote:

Hi Murilo,


As Ivo said, the best option right now would be creating a fork and changing the estimotesdk.gradle file located in plugin / src / android 


from

repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    flatDir {
        dirs 'libs'
    }
}
dependencies {
    compile(name:'estimote-sdk', ext:'aar')
}


to


repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    flatDir {
        dirs 'libs'
    }
}
dependencies {
    implementation(name:'estimote-sdk', ext:'aar')
}


At this point, it could already work, if it still doesn't, try to change the plugin.xml file, specifically the line 55, 

<resource-file src="libs/estimote-sdk.aar" target="libs/estimote-sdk.aar"/>

to

<source-file src="libs/estimote-sdk.aar" target-dir="libs" framework="true"/>


Hope this helps.


With these changes I was able to generate the application without problems, thank you all.


Murilo Antonio.