Input Parameter for OnBeforeReqeustAdvanced - SOAP

Hi, 

We need to execute a SOAP API call in OutSystems 11. 

Previously, we made use of the EnhancedWebReferences extension to change the effective URL as well as appending the required headers before making the request.  

The new protocol now requires us to make use of the SOAP Extensibility API. 

We downloaded the SOAP Extensibility Samples from the Forge in order to dynamically change the URL and append headers, but I am not sure how to pass the URL to the OnBeforeRequest action? 

There is no option for an input variables, only local? 

Please can someone assist me in passing through my URL and header values to the OnBeforeRequest? 

Thanks, 

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

The OnBeforeRequest is called by the Platform, so there's no way to pass it any Parameters. Unfortunately, I'm not sure though how your scenario should be solved, as I've not used it myself.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

The OnBeforeRequest is called by the Platform, so there's no way to pass it any Parameters. Unfortunately, I'm not sure though how your scenario should be solved, as I've not used it myself.

Thanks for the response Killian. 

I guess the only other option would be to create a custom web service in C# with input parameters for all attributes which need to be changed before executing the web service call.

I will keep the thread updated.

Nicholas,

please check this link: Use Advanced Extensibility

Cheers,

Nuno Verdasca

And I don't know if the solution below can solve your problem, but it doesn't hurt to share to try and help solve your question:

This way you can choose to add even more headers.

Regards,
Nuno Verdasca

Hi!

My goal is the same. I need to change the SOAP endpoint in runtime depending, for example, on the user who is making the request.

How to use this Platform API with input parameters?